Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

0.8V to 9V supply

Status
Not open for further replies.

mabauti

I'm looking for an easy discrete way to convert 0.8V to 9V, I was thinking of 555 as a voltage multiplier but this can be feed down to 1.5V. I need 9V @ 2mA max

thank in advance for your comments/ideas

Where is 0.8V coming from? I have heard of nothing that runs off of 0.8V...1.2V is the minimum.

From my current knowledge and your current information, I would say it's impossible.

Last edited:
Some DC-DC converter ICs can work from 0.8V, this is the only one that meets the specification I've found so far.

**broken link removed**

You could use a Joul thief style circuit with a zener or a transistor and feedback to limit the output voltage to 9V.

Some DC-DC converter ICs can work from 0.8V, this is the only one that meets the specification I've found so far.

**broken link removed**

You could use a Joul thief style circuit with a zener or a transistor and feedback to limit the output voltage to 9V.
Ouch... my production group would not touch that pachage without death threats from engineering!

http://www.ti.com/lit/gpn/tps61200 will get to 4.5V and a switch capacitor doubler will get to 9V with decent efficiency.

Dan

THe package has 7 pads within a spacing of 3mm. All pads are also completely beneath the IC.

There are no visible contacts. Add to that the power pad on the bottom of the chip makes it a very difficult chip to work with, bordering on the dificulty level of BGAs.

I presumed by your comments that you were opposed to the LM2623. But it's offered in an 8pin mini-SOIC, so that's obviously not what you were speaking of. Nevermind :)

Attachments

• mua08a.jpg
    mua08a.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 160
I presumed by your comments that you were opposed to the LM2623. But it's offered in an 8pin mini-SOIC, so that's obviously not what you were speaking of. Nevermind :)
Ah so it is, I missed that one, a bit tight for hobbyist hand soldering but no where near the nuisance of the other package.

That would make my only complaints about it that it is not a synchronous rectifier and that there is the chance that it will not start at the stated 0.8V in. It's max start up voltage is 1.1V with a negative temperature coefficient.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back