Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

0-3V Analogue Loop to 4-20mA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris White

Hi there,

I'm new to the forum after having spent some time reading various posts, and decided to join following a query we have in the workshop.

I have a radio system that produces a 0-3 Volt Analogue Output. The Panel Meter I want to use accepts 4-20mA Analogue Input, although this is not fixed.

Is there any way using an electronic component or resistor, that I can covert 0-3 Volts to 4-20mA or 0-2.5 Volts.

Cheers.

Chris.

hi Chris,
Yes, by using a amplifier IC, its possible to covert V to I.
What level of electronics build skills do you have.?
E.

Is there any way using an electronic component or resistor, that I can covert 0-3 Volts to 4-20mA or 0-2.5 Volts.

To convert 0-3V to 0-2.5V it takes but one resistor in series with the ultimate load if you know the load resistance. What is the load?

To convert 0-3V to 4-20mA is more complicated. Question about the load to be driven: Does one end of it have to be grounded, or are both ends "floating" with respect to ground?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back