Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

0-30vdc 1A power supply

Status
Not open for further replies.
hello guys...
I was wondering if you could help me in creating a 0-30vdc 1A power supply. I have a transformer with secondary windings of 15v x 2. I'm not very familiar with the IC's so i do want to have a zener or a transistor on the regulator side.. I have a hard time creating a schematic diagram and computing for the values of the capacitor and diodes to be needed in the power supply....

Thanks alot in advance and God bless....

quicksilver_1931 said:
hello guys...
I was wondering if you could help me in creating a 0-30vdc 1A power supply. I have a transformer with secondary windings of 15v x 2. I'm not very familiar with the IC's so i do want to have a zener or a transistor on the regulator side.. I have a hard time creating a schematic diagram and computing for the values of the capacitor and diodes to be needed in the power supply....

Thanks alot in advance and God bless....
check LM117 or LM317 both can supply 1.2 to 37v @1.5V
view https://www.alldatasheet.com/datasheet-pdf/pdf/8619/NSC/LM317.html

0-30vdc w/1A power supply

uhmmm. can i proceed with my power supply without an IC??? I do want to have a zener diode or a transistor as a regulator......???

Re: 0-30vdc w/1A power supply

quicksilver_1931 said:
uhmmm. can i proceed with my power supply without an IC??? I do want to have a zener diode or a transistor as a regulator......???
Why would you want to use an inferior regulator, when you can use an LM317, LM350, or LM338 and have protection from short circuits and excessive power dissipation? Is this a homework assignment?

chemelec said:
This is a School Project. He is Not allowed to use IC's.
Gary, where did you get this info? I have seen the same question on another forum, but the other trolls there only speculated about it being a homework assignment.

He has also emailed me directly for this same question.

He said it was for Work, but he told me that his Work told him that he had to design it without using IC's.

Well Obviously he isn't an Engineer, he isn't even very familiar with electronic symbols.
And No Work place would expect that of a non- electronic person.
So it Must be School work.

Well thats my opinion.

I gave him a Very Basic design. But guess its not good enough.
And if it is school work as I suspect, its time he got to it.

I've concluded that this forum is the last resort for clueless students, hoping against hope that they can con one of us into doing their homework. I wonder if they realize they are just postponing the inevitable.

Re: 0-30vdc w/1A power supply

quicksilver_1931 said:

a power transistor in CB configuration can suffice ur need.
the o/p v will be the V at base minus Vbe .

a power transistor in CB configuration can suffice ur need.
the o/p v will be the V at base minus Vbe .

LOL That is absolutely hilarious, like he would even remotely understand your explanation. :):)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back