Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

0-1mA Analog Meter

Status
Not open for further replies.

thetmagic

I've already looked for it at several sites to order this 0-1 mA Analog Meter but couldn't find any sites that carry it.
I found other types but not 0 - 1mA, I only found this one: Digi-Key - BK117B-ND (Manufacturer - 117B)
But it is a multimeter and is more complicated, and expensive, if anyone can find one online, that will be great. And what does it even mean that an analog meter is 0-1mA?

Thank You!

jameco.com
search for panel meter. They do not have 1mA but they have 50uA and with the right resistor across the meter it will work.

ebay.com
Old analog meters are hard to find.

Attachments

• Image1.jpg
    Image1.jpg
    135.3 KB · Views: 542
Last edited:
www.mpja.com sells many panel meters. But they're almost the same price as a cheap full function meter. I think most of the ones MPJA sells are 50-200ma full scale though. Those types of meters don't come with leads they have terminals built into them you wire yourself.

I'm not sure exactly what you're looking for but.

https://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_03482362000P?vName=Tools&cName=ElectriciansTools&Lighting=&sName=Multi-Meters%20&%20Meters=&psid=FROOGLE01&sid=IAx20090815x000001&aff=Y&origin=prod

is as cheap as you'll find. You'd be hard pressed to find anything 'simpler' than that that's still called a multimeter. If you just want a simple handheld meter that measures a single function you'd have to build it yourself.

Last edited:
Go lower than 1 mA and shunt it with a resistor, or go higher and use an opamp DC amplifier.

Last edited:
Thank you all, but the ebay one is what I'm looking for.
He is making that stupid "lie detector" project.
Yes, I know, it is so stupid that you commented on it like crazy, and even said it was a cool and simple project. I don't mean to be mean, but you are to me, I asked you something nicely before, and you tried to insult me by saying that any little kid could do it and other stuff, and now you are back, how nice of you :).

Last edited:
Hiiiiiii.... i need help about d'arsonval multirange ammeter... How to calculate percentage error in each measurement of current if the shunt resistor have 10% limiting error???? the current ranges are 0-10mA
0-50mA
0-100mA
0-1A
0-10A
0-20A
0-50A
0-60A
0-80A
0-100A
the shunt resistor is connected parallel to the meter..the d'arsonval meter have 500 ohms internal resistance and 1mA full-scale deflection current....PLz help me.....Thank you very much...

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back