Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

zigbee devices

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr_Doggy

My neighbor moved out!! and left behind his security system , lots of boards and panels, along with some cool devices such as:
LG wireless lightbulb, zigbee
smart thermostat, zigbee
appliance module, zigbee
dimmer switch, zigbee
the Visonic MCT-550 wireless flood detector, UHF wireless, thats all it says...
belkin wemo, wifi, comes with phone software only

after researching i figured out what zigbee is , so i prolly need some sort of zigbee router to plug in to my lan?
also most of these devices talk about using specific smartphone apps, but you know me,, i am hoping i can do some pc software for it using instruction set similar to how i control my ip cams with, such as 192.168.10.10:90/turn_on.cgi , or maybe vb.net.tcpsocket.

anyone have an idea of what im up against, what i need to get going hardware wise , or instruction sets for these devices on software side?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back