Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

zero crossing detector circuit using lojic gates

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree. I have used ExpressPCB for some time now. It was a lot easier to learn than Eagle. The components are easier to manage (at least right now). I downloaded Eagle because a number of people had suggested it and the price was right:D I'm still working with Eagle, trying to learn the ins and outs. Is there a "sticky" somewhere that could give me some helpful hints? Or maybe a tutorial on-line?

There should be a few tutorials on this page:
**broken link removed**
as well as lots of other helpful hints, etc.

Here's another example:

on1aag.

Hi on1aag,

do you think the "Trappenhuisautomaat" takes care of zero detection?

It is designed for pure resistive loads like light bulbs in a stair case and so zero detection isn't necessary.

BTW, I've learned some Dutch too. Here's an example and the teacher said it's wrong: "En olifant op en paard", while "En meisje op en paard" is OK for him.

Boncuk

Hi Hans,

The line synchronisation is needed to reduce the current
consumption of the circuit. The triac is fired with a
short pulse at the right time and at the right angle to
reduce the current consumption to a fraction of the 5 mA
which is needed to trigger the triac at all angles.
The synchronisation also prevents line disturbances when
the load is switched on.
Using a small transformer was out of the question because
those small transformers (< 5 VA) tend to go open circuit
at the primary.
Please bear in mind that this circuit was designed more
than thirty years ago by a newly graduate.

on1aag.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back