Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

zenor diodes

Status
Not open for further replies.

crossm

the question i have is a power supply voltage is 15 volts, and the load current I sub l is at its minumum value, the current through the zener will be __________.

You can't answer that question because it makes no sense and doesn't contain enough information.

Zenor

the question i have is a power supply voltage is 15 volts, and the load current I sub l is at its minumum value, the current through the zener will be in mA_.

Unless the current is higher and the it will be Amps!:)

Think of it this way.

For a shunt regulator, the current either goes out to the load or down the zener diode.

To maintain regulation the zener has to at least sink as much current under no load condition as the minimum to maximum load condition will require.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back