Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

zener diode look alike component

Status
Not open for further replies.

cax4784

hi. i'm newbies here. Quit informative website here.. I got a component just like a zener diode with came colour and size but without any part number. A letter of "U1" stated on PCB on its place. Any idea what component it is?

A picture would help. Maybe. ;)
U1 usually designates an IC of some kind, but I've never heard of an IC in a 2 lead axial package.

hi. i'm newbies here. Quit informative website here.. I got a component just like a zener diode with came colour and size but without any part number. A letter of "U1" stated on PCB on its place. Any idea what component it is?
Hi.
Maybe your component is zener diode or diode.
A letter of "U1" stated on PCB looks similar to
a letter of "D1" ?
Some times when removed on PCB fixed components , it damages symbols under components.

Last edited:
"Same color as a zener" - ?

I got blue, red, black and silver zeners. Even zeners aren't the same color as zeners.

If you are sure it's a Zener, it can be tested for what voltage value by connecting a power supply vis a resistor 1 to 2k ohms in series. To determine the voltage, it helps to know what kind of circuit you have.

Power supply must be higher than zener value and this for low voltage zeners only.
Measure the voltage across the zener. Bear in mind that zeners come in designated voltages like resistor values. They also have tolerances like 5 or 10%. Check the measured voltage to the designated values to determine nearest voltage value.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back