Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ZD-929C Schematic Needed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,
A year or so ago, I picked up a ZD-929C Digital Soldering Station at a hamfest. It worked just fine. Recently, while tidying up my workbench, I caught the cord on my belt and promptly yanked it off the bench. It doesn't work too good now. I've tried to get a schematic from the factory and several dealers/distributors, but no one is able or willing to help. Does anyone here at the forum have the schematic for this unit? Although I would prefer a download, I would be willing to pay any reasonable copying and mailing expenses.

Thank you for your time.<ckd>

What have you done to check it so far? A solid yank and slam like that may have broken the fuse, or a wire, semiconductors are virtually impervious to G shock so it's likley a physical connection that failed. "Doesn't work too good" Doesn't give us much information about if it does ANYTHING at all right now or how we can best help you, a schematic is not gonna help you out right now.

Hi,
I've re-soldered every connection that I could get to and the fuse checks good. Transformer is OK, pots check OK, but tip temp doesn't track right with display. I don't mean just a simple delay, but a rather large error. I can't find a pattern to it, though. One time it reads hi, the next low. The tip temp does seem to be OK, but I have only a candy thermometer to check it with. I thought that if I had a schematic, I could follow/trace a given path to find the glitch in the unit. I haven't checked temp stability as yet, but I think it might be out of whack as well. Anyway, thanks for trying.<ckd>

What do you mean one time it reads hi the next low, you said the tip temp seems to be okay and you haven't checked temp stability? So what's wrong, is it just the display? Have you checked to see if you cracked the heating element in the iron itself, the one in mine is made from ceramic, dont' think it would take too well to a hard smack.

Last edited:
Hi Sceadwian,
Hey, thanks for replying. Not to sound ungrateful or anything like that for your offerings, but I'd rather troubleshoot it myself. I can't really learn anything very well unless I burn a few fingers! To answer your questions though: I tested the tip temp with a candy thermometer as stated earlier and got, for example, 300°C, but the display would show 240°C. The next time I would get 300°C, the display would show 415°C. Since last night, I tested the tip over several hours with an estimated (candy thermometer) setting of 304°C. It varied by only +/- 8°C or so. This tells me temp stability is pretty close. I'm thinking that the error lies somewhere in the display section but with out any documents it will be, for me, difficult to troubleshoot. Any further thoughts?<ckd>

ps. Completely off-topic question: What the heck is your avatar picture? I just can't make it out!! The Last Unicorn thing and your name I get, but the pic??

Wow, did I ever forget all of that! That movie came out, like, 25, maybe 30 years ago. For some reason I didn't even remember it being an animation. 50+ year-old eyes, million-year-old brain! (Solid rock) All I remember is the bad guy scared the crap out of my girlfriend's two kids I took to see it. Thanks for clearing that up...and the weird trip down memory lane!<ckd>

I saw it once maybe 10 years ago and then again recently about 6-8 months ago. I loved the cat. I really like hand drawn animation, mind you the modern CGI stuff is great too, but there's real heart and soul put into the hand done stuff that just can't be replicated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back