Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ZCD Circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

tiwari.sachin

Can anyone provide me the circuit for Zero Cross Detector. I need to interface it to PIC16F877.

I dont intend to use a amplifier, rather a stepdown transformer, a fullwave bridge and the zener and transistor would be fine. I do know the concept and i think i am getting the circuit right too but i am not able to get the calculation for exact values.

Kindly Help me out with the design for a ZCD

Regards
Sachin Tiwari

This topic has been covered in the forums on several occasions, no step down transformer is required, all that is needed is a single large value (1meg or more) resistor to limit the current and to chose an I/O line on the PIC that has clamp diodes. The resistor limit the current to the clamp diodes, the I/O line only ever sees the clamping voltage, an isolation transformer can be used if you need electrical isolation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back