Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

z8F042A interfacing to nokia 3310 for SMS

Status
Not open for further replies.

jvincent_129

hi im currently having this proj on using zilog in sending SMS using nokia 3310... what is the first thing that i should establishment...? pls help....

im still on the process of understanding, i havent done what u said... :)

@diver300: is that what u call the AT commands of nokia 3310?

Last edited:
could you give me advice on info sources i can read about?

for the AT commands and a receive and transmit lines?

could anyone give me help me? tnx

Last edited:
I've used the modules from Telit but not an ordinary mobile phone. However, other projects that I have seen use ordinary mobile in just the same way as modules. However, I don't know where the receive and transmit lines are on a Nokia 3310.

This page has a lot of data sheets. GSM/GPRS

these equipments are too expensive, i want to make an improvise one.... im researching as of the moment... on how to interface the micro to the cellphone.....

diver300, tnx for this link, but im a bit confuse in how to download these made source codes to the microcontroller.... im not yet rily familiar with each pin of the z8F042A sequencer board.... can you help me on this?

I've never used the z8F042A or any of that family. I've only used PICs and Atmel microcontrollers. From what I can see, the z8F042A has a UART, so you should be able to connect the receive input on the z8F042A to the transmit output of the Nokia 3310, and connect the transmit output of the z8F042A to the receive input of the Nokia 3310.

I have no idea how the program the z8F042A, but a few moments on Google found this:- **broken link removed** and you should be able to work it all out from the data sheets there.

il study that, the nokia 3310 has only 4 pins, i finding difficulty to where should i connect these to the microcontroller pins... what do you think?

i found this link in the internet....

Well Wayne Peacock tells you most of what you need to know.

That describes the Nokia F bus. You need to connect the F bus RX and TX to the microcontroller TX and RX. Connect ground on the microcontroller to ground on the phone.

The page you found shows the commands that you need.

I suspect that there might be a serial port somewhere inside the Nokia that would allow you to use AT commands, but I am not sure. Also F bus looks as easy to learn and use as AT commands.

F bus Rx - Tx micro
F bus Tx - Rx micro
Gnd - Gnd
where does F bus first pin go?

so Fbus protocol is different from At commands?

so we dnt need At commands?

am i saying it right?

so ill leave Mbus pin hanging?

in ur experience in programming micros for sending SMS, how much memory is needed?

my zilog microcontroller has 4K flash memory....

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back