Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Z8 nightmare

Status
Not open for further replies.

elarson

There seems to be very little information on how to compile, link, etc. a program in C for the Z8. At least I haven't been able to find much. The other problem is finding a debugger that will work with the compiled hex file. I'm using the DOS C compiler. I also purchased an emulator from zilog. The compiled code doesn't seem to work with it. I don't want to have to spend $800 for purchasing a compiler to work with the emulator. Any thoughts other than going to another processor would be a help.

Z8 Encore!

The rumor that the Z8 Encore! does not contain a C compiler is wrong! It has a full ANSI C compiler and supports all of their chips. The development kit, which is around $50 also has a full software development enviroment including a fantastic debugger. Additionally, you don't need to buy a programmer for the Z8 Encore! All you need is included in the kit. I'm a beginner and was able to get the board interfaced to my PC using RS232 and also get the ADC up and running. Highly recommended.

Frank

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back