Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Z Schematic Components

Status
Not open for further replies.

Palbert

Hello all,

I just took apart a small RF remote and I'm just checking it out to see what is in the circuit. Completely for fun. I have identified everything except for the emitter. I am guessing it is a small diode looking surface mount part that is half blue and half red labeled Z1. Are there certain types of components that are labeled with a Z? Since I didn't upload a picture of it, I don't expect anyone to tell me for sure what it is, I'm just curious about components labeled with a Z. Thanks for any help.

Could be a Zener Diode but that is nothing more than a guess. Without seeing it and the surrounding components it's hard to call.

Ron

Yeah that's what I was thinking too. Thanks for the guess though. I'll just have to do more digging :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back