Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Your proudest accomplishments in circuits?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't get you really but do we really need to show off our accomplishment in circuit making we all know very well how to make good circuits.First learn some basics and then show off probably you should contact "little ghostman" for help.

Your best application, fix, (re)build, modification and so on. How has the skill been useful to you?

I'm interested as a hobby but it's getting a little pricey and I'm curious the kinds of fruits this could bear,

Hobby getting pricey? Are you buying in anticipation of need? Don't. Start a project you need. Then buy what you need as you go along. No need to plan for the future (within reason), and no time tables to meet. It's a hobby!

John

... I'm interested as a hobby but it's getting a little pricey and I'm curious the kinds of fruits this could bear,
Think Steve Jobs... :wideyed:. Don't forget, he and the Woz were just playing at first while members of the Palo Alto-based Homebrew Computer Club, a local group of electronics hobbyists.

Of course, at the complete other end of the spectrum is me (I'm in it for the fun). If you like it, you'll find ways to justify the expense.

Last edited:
Many hobbies are expensive. Boating for example. You earn money to pay bills, your bookie, etc. Your extra income then goes to hobbies. Everyone should enjoy the fruits of their labor :)
Now if I could just convince my wife of that. She hates seeing me scrolling thru EBAY cause she knows I am spending money. :eek:

I don't get you really but do we really need to show off our accomplishment in circuit making we all know very well how to make good circuits.First learn some basics and then show off probably you should contact "little ghostman" for help.

I'm not sure you're one to talk, TM. I have yet to see a useful post from you....

Title says it all really.

My greatest accomplishment is a dim led so far.

It's a start!

I don't know about "greatest", but my personal favorite so far is my yet unrealized interrupter for my dual resonant solid state Tesla coil, with independent frequency and duty cycle adjustment, as well as independent duty cycle and on-time limiting.

Talk about expensive hobbies, don't try to build a DRSSTC when you have a strict budget!

I'm not sure you're one to talk, TM. I have yet to see a useful post from you....
Aw, come on Matt don't be harsh on the kid.
He is very good with fantasies and delusions.

JimB

Maybe make something indestructible for the masses that need it? Like REALLY tough?

Gotta think of EVERYTHING. I stop there.

Rubber Cars....bounce bounce bounce ?

tv

Maybe make something indestructible for the masses that need it? Like REALLY tough?

Gotta think of EVERYTHING. I stop there.

Rubber Cars....bounce bounce bounce ?

tv

Problem with rubber cars is that they cause more whiplash to the passengers. Ouch!

Aw, come on Matt don't be harsh on the kid.
He is very good with fantasies and delusions.

JimB
Aw man so now that made me delusional and fantasy occupied:eek: I am just not getting time to do something because of a examination,it ends on 28th march.after that I will surely post something sensible,sorry for being a bit rude on that guy and about that exoskeleton thread(didn't einstein say imagination comes before everything) and my thread wasn't that impractical?????????

... and my thread wasn't that impractical?????????

Unfortunately it was very impractical, which I think is why you got such a negative reaction. It's not scientifically or financially viable.

Unfortunately it was very impractical, which I think is why you got such a negative reaction. It's not scientifically or financially viable.
I know I am not Bill Gates but I do have some scientific knowledge and financial sense that is why I posted that thread and I don't think everyone gave a negative reaction and we can just try it without harm and try to make it cheap I am just trying to do something which rarely any individual tried but I don't think that a cybernetic arm for a hamster would cost me a fortune.

I know I am not Bill Gates but I do have some scientific knowledge and financial sense that is why I posted that thread and I don't think everyone gave a negative reaction and we can just try it without harm and try to make it cheap I am just trying to do something which rarely any individual tried but I don't think that a cybernetic arm for a hamster would cost me a fortune.

The statements in bold are where you are wrong, and if you did actually have any scientific knowledge and a financial sense, you'd know why they were wrong.

We have given you many reasons why it won't work. If you still don't believe us, then just try it. You'll find out very quickly that it's not as easy or as cheap as you think it will be, if it's even possible with today's technology at all.

Problem with rubber cars is that they cause more whiplash to the passengers. Ouch!
Dear Mr. Tesla. How about a magnetic field car bumper utilizing identical magnets repelling each other? That should create a cushion for a softer impact!
Cheers,
Rom

Dear Mr. Tesla. How about a magnetic field car bumper utilizing identical magnets repelling each other? That should create a cushion for a softer impact!
Cheers,
Rom

Interesting idea, but the magnets would have to be enormous and incredibly powerful for that to work, and I'm not sure you can get that much repulsion without a specially designed electromagnet. If you were to go the electromagnet route, you would need a huge amount of power, and I'm not sure how practical it would be. Might be worth researching, but at this point I'm not sure if it would be worth it.

Interesting idea, but the magnets would have to be enormous and incredibly powerful for that to work, and I'm not sure you can get that much repulsion without a specially designed electromagnet. If you were to go the electromagnet route, you would need a huge amount of power, and I'm not sure how practical it would be. Might be worth researching, but at this point I'm not sure if it would be worth it.
LOL. I was thinking even if you can produce such a powerful coil (may be doable with a solar panel size of a house tied to your roof), the electromagnetic waves could realign your blood cells.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back