Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Your opinion on Hokuyo laser range-finder

Status
Not open for further replies.

ngoncalves

Hi,

I was planning on buying a laser range-finder from Hokuyo, HOKUYO URG-04LX. I already am using laser from Sick, and in comparison the Hokuyo are faster, consume less power and are half the price. The disadvantage is that they have a smaller usefull range.

If anybody has used laser range-finders from Hokuyo in the past, I would like to ear from them.

Aren't Sick devices laser *3D imagers* not just 2D rangefinders?

I was thinking on the Sick LMS-291, with wich I have some working experience. This laser returns a 2D scan of the 3D world, the same output obtained from the Hokuyo laser . Supose that you place the Sick LMS-291 on the top of a table. Then you will get the distance to the closest objects in a 180º aperture *and* that are at the same level as the table. The objects bellow or above the table top are not detected.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back