Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Your first project..

Status
Not open for further replies.

hatory

Hi :p
I open this post just for the people put here the informations of their first project, assemblys, ect .. Why ? For beginners like me see where to begin.. Thaks :p

This can be a interesting post for remember...

Se ya :p

oh! I made a power source

transformer / bridge rectifier / RC Filter / Zener diode regulator.

I hardly knew any electronics when I embarked on this one. The power source was completely useless as I had to put a series resistance to brevent excessive current from destroying the zener diode. So the voltage drop across was much lower than the zener diode set. So all it worked was for displaying the desired digit on the VOM.

Whenever a load was connected, it didn't work!

The load must be atleast 5 times greater than the series resistance to give satisfactory voltage drops across it.

My first real electronics project was in my mechatronics class. We had to build an autonomous line-follower robot to race against other universities.

Our whole project was an excercise in what not to do. We won the "Most Gratuitous Use of Wires" Award; we didn't use any connectors and our robot was a mass of wires going everywhere.

I also learned about why failure modes are important: when our processor reset the motor controller would go to full speed - we always intended to fix it but it never happened. One night I had the robot working perfectly - it was going much faster than the next best robot - when the processor suddenly reset and the robot hit a wall at about 25MPH. The impact was such that it sheared components off our PCBs and broke off all our nylon standoffs.. Needless to say it was never quite the same after that.

My first proper electronics project that I sat down, designed and built myself was a small "knight rider effect" system with 10 LEDs. I put it in a little box and installed it in the dash of my Fiesta (which was also my first car) as a kind of deterant - I thought it would fool potential thieves into thinking I had a very complex alarm system installed.

A few weeks later my car got broken into and everything was stolen, including my 10-LED flasher! I'd never heard of a car being subject to a breakin in my street before. I think the cool flashing lights actually attracted attension instead of deterring it!

Brian

My first self designed project was a heart with flashing red leds around the perimiter and my gf's name in the middle that also flashed in pattern :D. Did this with a 555 and 4017 and some transistors. Still have the hand drawn shematic left. It wasn't perfect tough, :D there was some problems, but it satisfied her :roll:

Wiring up a lightbulb probably doesnt count as a project! So, the first one may well be a single transistor inductance oscillator, made with screw terminal connectors. Its amazingly unstable, but I still use it as it can make some interesting sounds if you turn the controls by hair fine amounts.

Power supply and Frequency Counter in Freshman year College.
On my won though...I am in the process of programming my ballancing robot. Also, I have started on a Propellor clock. Do a search if you dont know what one is.
So far, the project is going well and I hope to have both working well this summer.
~Mike

I made a voice commanded robot as my first project project, it was 3'2 and was 2' feet wide. It was easy to make since I had been reading all those robotics book's.

I built this when I was 10

Yes it did respond to voice commands.

I read 6 robotics books and built that robot easily then I became a guru in robotics, Which I was told.

My first project that I can remember was a crystal radio when I was 10. The reason I remember it, was because I listened to the first moon landing on it. One small step for man, one fantastic start for me.

Mike.

Pommie said:
My first project that I can remember was a crystal radio when I was 10. The reason I remember it, was because I listened to the first moon landing on it. One small step for man, one fantastic start for me.

Mike.

that is incredibly cool :lol:

my first project that i actually designed when i was 13, it was a device that senses light and makes a noise in the absence of it. Not the newer better version that is in the projects section :lol:

I started electronics with debut project - LM317 base variable voltage power supply. I was 13 at that time.

my first actual project was an attempt to build a digital voltmeter for my car from a schematic I found. I bought my first breadboard for that project, which is what caused me to get hooked on electronics due to the ease of circuit assembly.
Tha6t was probably 5 years ago, I had one of those 200 in 1 project kit thingies when I was 12, but I dont think that counts.

You guys are making me feel old.

My first project was a 1 tube transmitter with a 12AT7 tube, on the 80 meter SW Band.
It worked and Transmitted to a friend a few miles away.

Gary

chemelec said:
You guys are making me feel old.

Tell me about it!.

I can't remember what my first project was (it's far too long ago), but an early one that sticks in my mind was a two valve audio amplifier, using an EF80 and a 6BW6. It was back in the 60's, and a university student who lived up the road drew me the circuit, and gave me a mains transformer and a 6BW6.

Everything else I got out of old TV's at a tip we used to play at, I went with a list and a few tools, with all the resistors I needed written out in colours 8)

I built it on a piece of hardboard, drilled holes for the resistors and other components, pushed the wires through and soldered wires between them, a crude imitation of a PCB I suppose?.

My son's and my first project was to make a light following robot.
Buy, I accidently wired the positive and negitive to the motor backwards.

When we shined a torch at it, it would back off! We all thought It was alive and scared of us.

I was 35 years young.
He was 7 years old

mine was a two transistor AM radio i built reading Tom Duncan's "Adventure with Electronics". I made wild guesses to convert it to use pnp transistors instead of npn's cos i only had pnp's.
and guess what.... it worked !!! cheers !!!!

Hi,
My first electronics project was a time-machine I built using stone knives and bearskins. Wooly mammoth bones provided the framework and enclosure while several types of seashells were used on the front panel. The cavewomen of my tribe admired my time-machine very much and thought me highly evolved and desirable. Obviously they were right. Sadly though, when I first applied power, there was a flash of light, a loud bang, and when I regained conciousness it was 1958, myself having been changed into a squalling infant with no memory of that day. My time-machine apparently didn't work since I continue to grow older daily here at the institution. Yes, with fond recollection, I must say that this was my first electronics project. Or maybe it was the time I used an axe to salvage an LED from an IBM320....

Nigel Goodwin said:
with all the resistors I needed written out in colours 8)

:lol: I lived like that for 6 months just building kits according to instructions and never bothering to actually understand how the circuit works.

Well my first circuit was an LED flasher, with 3 resistors, 2 LEDs , 2 caps, 2 transisters and a battery.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back