Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Your first microcontroller project is?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Matrix Keyboard Scanner Decoder.

I just bought a PIC 18F458 development board from ______. My first project (after building an LM317-based 16v. PSU) was to get the thing operational... a task that consumed some time because of a lack of adequate instruction, the manufacturer's web site being in Thai, conflicting information on the accompanying CD, etc. It will blink a LED now, but only by a loss of considerable user persperation.

My project

The Z80 inside the Timex Sinclair manipulating the screen in several weird ways some of them really fun. Later, an LCD controller with an 8052 using the BASIC interpreter.

Finally a real project: a thermometric data collector from 8, 16, 24 or 32 sensors (LM135 fed with a constant current from a LM134 ech), with display and sensor calibration using a PIC 16C57.

You can read about it, here: cablemodem.fibertel.com.ar/atferrari

LED effect with 16F84, 8LEDs and 4 Switches. Each switch activates different effect. Programmed with JDM in absolute Assembly.

First microcontroller project proper was a **broken link removed**. Built using an 8048 robbed off the floppy disk controller of a Victor 9000 / Sirius 1 computer.

Pete

A water system descaler. Worked well for years. Need to hook it back up, but winding wire around the pipe is a pain.

My first projects were done with logic gates, using a 555 as a clock.

My "hello world" for micros is a blinking LED, something I still return to when I get into trouble, and still use for debugging.

I guess I could put my 2 cents in.

1st microcontroller was an COSMAC ELF 1802 from 1976 Popular Electronics.

I blinked the Q LED

It was 100% machine language and entered via 8 toggle switches and a push button.

The display was a TL311 and got really hot.

The longest hand assembled machine program I wrote was Conways life on the Commodore PETs 2nd cassette buffer.

Now I write longer Microchip programs in 100% assembler using the evil Parallax assembler. :eek:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back