Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Your favorite code diff program.

Status
Not open for further replies.
MPLAB has a hook that one can set to an external diff.

I would like to know what your favorite code diff'ing program is and why you like it.

3v0

since you are talking about mplab I will limit myself to windoze ...

Araxis Merge - Araxis Merge: Two and Three-Way File Comparison, Merging and Folder Synchronization Software

The one, the only, the best ... beats any other free / non free diff app I ever tried ...

On windoze, I like to use it in combination with tortoisecvs ( TortoiseCVS: About ) ... I think it can be used with FileHamster :: File Backup Utility for Digital Media Developers and Programmers too but I never tried fileHamster as CVS does the job for me.

Making the search wider will add more tools but Araxis Merge stay's "THE BEST" :)

uC development.

I'm slowly moving to TI MSP430... one reason is - I like it more then PIC and second reason is - the mspgcc works perfectly on my desktop (fedora 10) so I do not have to turn on the laptop to start programming... (still using windoze schematic capture / pcb tools dough as I do not fancy eagle) ...

That said, eclipse + meld is what I use...

Meld is ok ( Meld : Home Page ) but not as near as good as araxis merge :(

I do not use araxis merge any more (not even tried to use it under wine) as I have personal policy to pay for tools I use longer then 1 month (I get "fixed" version first and after 30 days I either purchase or uninstall it)... Was using Araxis Merge in previous company (licenced version) and really loved it.. better then "anything else"

EDIT: if you do not want to use internal diff from eclipse but to use external one like meld, you need: SourceForge.net: External diff Tool (Eclipse Plugin): External diff Tool (Eclipse Plugin)

Last edited:
ExamDiff does the job for me. I like the color coded side by side arrangement.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back