Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Your Countries flags rated (I've added my cities too Toronto)

Status
Not open for further replies.

blueroomelectronics

Just a fun site where some fellow rates countries flags
**broken link removed**

I'd like to add Toronto's flag and my comment.
**broken link removed**
Toronto's flag, looks like a pair of legs with a fig (maple) leaf hiding the naughty bits.
**broken link removed**
It's supposed to look like the Toronto city hall.

Last edited:
OooooK! Japan receives an A for a red dot against a plain white background and the US gets a C for looking too busy. Well it's quite sad that someone believes that having a star to represent every state as well as the meaning behind the stripes is "too busy".... I say phhhht to them!

At least the American flag is likely the most recognized flag around the world (and on the moon and in deep space). I would have never recognized the #1 placeholder's flag, Gambia, looks like. There's something good to be said for sending our flag on a deep space mission a billion miles out!

HiTech said:
OooooK! Japan receives an A for a red dot against a plain white background and the US gets a C for looking too busy. Well it's quite sad that someone believes that having a star to represent every state as well as the meaning behind the stripes is "too busy".... I say phhhht to them!

At least the American flag is likely the most recognized flag around the world (and on the moon and in deep space). I would have never recognized the #1 placeholder's flag, Gambia, looks like. There's something good to be said for sending our flag on a deep space mission a billion miles out!

No rule says that a very influential country can't have a crappy looking flag. It IS art after all. Maybe the author is just a fan of *stifled laughter* abstract art.

I thought that the ratings were very realistic! :D

My favorite flags are the ones with giant crosses on them. Like Norway or Switzerland. I always liked the way the Nazi flag catches the eye (I guess that was the point?), but the obvious history behind it all but exempts it from the list completely.

Kuwait's flag looks like a 3d room.

**broken link removed**

The green is the roof, red the floor, white the back wall, and black the side wall.

blueroomelectronics said:
I'd like to add Toronto's flag and my comment.

I didn't know Toronto was a country? :D

Minnesota's flag is WAY to complicated.
**broken link removed**

I had to draw that thing way back in the sixth grade. Let's just say i am not THAT artistic... :eek:

Our provincial flags are nothing to write home about. I do like the Ontario flag, the Jack is nice and I like red. (Almost called the company RedRoomElectronics but sounded like something from the Shining)
**broken link removed**

I think a nice flag would have at least one optical illusion
**broken link removed**

Last edited:
HiTech said:
There's something good to be said for sending our flag on a deep space mission a billion miles out!
You mean something like, "Hey, it doesn't look too bad from there!"?

I like the deceptive asymmetry of the Union Jack. The Jolly Roger's not bad, either. Is there a nation with skulls on their flag? That, or flames, would look wicked cool.

Last edited:
Hank Fletcher said:
You mean something like, "Hey, it doesn't look too bad from there!"?

I like the deceptive asymmetry of the Union Jack. The Jolly Roger's not bad, either. Is there a nation with skulls on their flag? That, or flames, would look wicked cool.

NOt that I have heard of, but apparently there are countries with guns on their flags!

dknguyen said:
NOt that I have heard of, but apparently there are countries with guns on their flags!
**broken link removed**
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Mozambique[/FONT]

Let that be a warning to tourists

Here's a suggestion for a Zimbabwe flag (they have a 150,000% inflation rate and have just brought out a $10,000,000 dollar bill (US $6))
**broken link removed**

Last edited:
HiTech said:
There's something good to be said for sending our flag on a deep space mission a billion miles out!
Yes. It is less likely to catch fire on the moon and in the vacuum of space. :p
Hank Fletcher said:
That, or flames, would look wicked cool.
The US flag has flames on it every time I see it on the news from the middle east. :rolleyes:
The Greek flag has a little of that:
**broken link removed**

That American flag on the moon is still there from 1969. And how is it going to catch fire in frigid deep space? From super excited gamma rays? Or perhaps it might come face to face with an American anti-matter flag say 10 parsecs out??

Somalia got high marks too, guess the flag looks nice on pirate ships.
**broken link removed**

I wonder what branch of the Somalian Navy that boat is from? That must be their light cruiser with a single, forward main gun. Amazing that their technology has produced such a low-profile water craft. By gosh, those American Seals shown below don't stand a snowball's chance in hell against such a formidable watercraft and astute soldiers!!

**broken link removed**

Last edited:
Hey! That looks like a Minnesotan fishing boat! :D

Marks256 said:
Hey! That looks like a Minnesotan fishing boat! :D
If that's the case, I would imagine they limit out very quickly, making for a short fishing excursion!

HiTech said:
If that's the case, I would imagine they limit out very quickly, making for a short fishing excursion!

Not with the machine guns, no. ;) :D

**broken link removed**
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Mozambique[/FONT]

Let that be a warning to tourists

Here's a suggestion for a Zimbabwe flag (they have a 150,000% inflation rate and have just brought out a $10,000,000 dollar bill (US $6))
**broken link removed**

Holy $hi+ thats funny!!! Libya's flag pwns!!!! Nothing to do with islam or qadaffi/terrorism, the scheme is just original!

**broken link removed**

Or a hologram...

Last edited:
Solid green flag, amazing! Wonder what they paid the designer. Easy to make into t-shirts, bed sheets etc.
PS Libia's official name is
Al-Jamahiriya Al-Arabiya Al-Libiyah Ash-Shabiya Al-Ishtrakia
The old flag was a little too umm... Happy? I think WW2 Germany nertz those colors.
**broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back