Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Youngyear ATX power supply

Status
Not open for further replies.

vinke

Hi everybody,

I have a rather new ATX PSU of 480W and its not working anymore. I was connecting an external fan to it while it was running and by accident the +12V and ground got connected( the fan had no socket). I thought it wont be a problem as most ATX PSU have short circuit protection, but now its not starting anymore. I have removed it from the pc and connected the green and black wires together, it doesnt start either. Its most probably a problem with the starting circuit, and i want to try and repair it as the PSU is rather new. Does anyone ever had this problem? Any tips that could make the repair go quicker? And if anyone have the schematic of the PSU "youngyear ATX-480" or any similar PSU, pls forward me it will really help me. thanks in advance.

Check the fuse first.

Also test the TO220 transistors near the high voltage capacitors.

the fuse and transistors ok. the power_on signal is not been acknowledge i think. if i could have the schematic would be simpler to troubleshoot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back