Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

yet another oscilloscope checking out if you please :-)

Status
Not open for further replies.
this is the same one as u posted before, the $9.99 one. that one has gone to $41 and this one is already $36. as both are the same, u just have to see which one comes out cheap. i think its a good scope and 100MHz is going to be enough for almost all your small projects. altho im not sure about RF (thats what u are apparently interested in!!!!)

The auction has ended but I wanted to give you some pointers if I may be so bold.... :D

That is a nice scope, I have used that model before. They usually end up around 250 for a nice specimen of that model.

I do have reservations about the one you listed though... the lid is damaged in an odd way, with the panel missing. Also the hinge is rusty, and there is corrosion on the BNC's. Notice also the nasty looking mold or worse on the rear panel and accesory bag? I'd say this has been in a flooded basement, or similar. Who knows what it looks like inside. Probably the bidders were looking for a parts donor.

When looking at scopes for example, on Ebay , when you see something you are interested in , do a search for closed items to get an idea of what that model sells for on average. This will help you decide if you want to pursue the auction or not. Many times scopes will start at 50 dollars and end up selling for 500 dollars. Once you know what an item averages selling for, you can keep an eye out for stuff in your price range, and possibly snag a "buy it now" when it first lists.

I have bought several pieces of test gear on Ebay, only one lemon so far, and it was my fault really, for not doing my homework. :oops:

One model of Tek scope that generally sells for a reasonable price is the 2235 that is a 100 Mhz with delayed / alternate sweep. It is pretty well made, rugged enough for the military to issue a AN/USM-488 model of the same instrument with a few enhanced features. The reason I mention Tek scopes is that they often list on Ebay, and are easy to get documentation for, in the event you ever need to repair one.

Hope this isn't a lot of what you already know, just trying to help you out.

hey thanx!! :eek: i missed all of that, but will try and keep a beter eye out 4 it next time

Beware of "as-is", Zach.
Don't you want a 'scope to act like it should, not just a heater that "powers-up"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back