Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

YES! Thank you! (regarding the forum)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all! haha. I havent posted on here in a very very long time. Mostly because I've been using AVR's and The last time I was on here it was mostly PIC related. But now the AVR section has been added! w00t! I'm glad because I really like the people and....well everything about it here (and I already have 300+ posts...I think?). Well glad to be back.

David D

Edit 1: wow 387. I forgot I was up this high.

Last edited:
Welcome back! It's good to have some AVR people on here , must of us are PIC and there are always AVR related posts left without replies.

Let the party continue!

Welcome back! It's good to have some AVR people on here , must of us are PIC and there are always AVR related posts left without replies.

Let the party continue!

Yeah. I was soooo close to getting a pickit2 and the hole shebang. But I got distracted with swimming and biking. Then I stumbled on some info on avr's and read....and read....and read. and finally got a AVRISP MKII and a whole bunch of micros. As of last night I have a working lcd display! Now I'm working on a few inputs and what not.

Gratz, I'm an AVR fan myself. Most of my stuff is on hold right now for various reasons but I have an STK500. Once you outgrow the AVRISP I'd recommend getting the Dragon dev board. It does require a little bit of work because it comes without any headers soldered on (for user customizing) but it has an absolutely massive list of features. The AVRISP does everything you really need except for parallel or 'high voltage' programming. But only a few chips require that for certain setups.

What kind of projects do you have planned?

Gratz, I'm an AVR fan myself. Most of my stuff is on hold right now for various reasons but I have an STK500. Once you outgrow the AVRISP I'd recommend getting the Dragon dev board. It does require a little bit of work because it comes without any headers soldered on (for user customizing) but it has an absolutely massive list of features. The AVRISP does everything you really need except for parallel or 'high voltage' programming. But only a few chips require that for certain setups.

What kind of projects do you have planned?

Yeah the avrisp is great now. so far I've made/coded

-Persistence Of Vision of display using a tiny2313
-One Segment 7 segment display with a mega 164
-6 leds charlieplexed with 3 IO ports with the tiny13
-8 led chaser using the tiny23 and mega164 and mega88
-Of course the classic hello world on all of those micros
-PWM with a tiny13 make an led brighter and dimmer. later modified to use a RGB led.
-a few demo codes for the AVR butterfly
-and a bunch of smaller ones

Yeah I would get the dragon next. Its not that much money and it does everything. I would like an STK500 but I don't have a serial port on any of my 'puters.

You can always get a USB to serial adapter, however you're obviously not intimidated by the hardware/software, and the Dragon is WAY better as a dev platform than the STK500. The only real hassle is soldering your own connectors on.

You can always get a USB to serial adapter, however you're obviously not intimidated by the hardware/software, and the Dragon is WAY better as a dev platform than the STK500. The only real hassle is soldering your own connectors on.

I don't find that a hassle at all. I had to solder pins on my AVR butterfly and my LCD's and my 4 x 4 push button matrix's. I just got the button matrixes today. I'm working on a calculator! I'm so excited

Calculators can be fun, cause if you're writing your own code, especially in ASM, you can make the calculator have as high a precision as you want.

Calculators can be fun, cause if you're writing your own code, especially in ASM, you can make the calculator have as high a precision as you want.

I'm doing it in C. But it should be a lot of fun. Can't wait to bring it to school and show my tech teacher. Digital Electronics class is sooo boring. I did all of the stuff in the class like 3 years ago in middle school for fun.

Hey, sceadwian You live kinda close to me.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back