Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Yes, I'm probably a bit crazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's what I've been working on lately:

**broken link removed**

Took a stock Buzzbee Big Blast (shoots missiles) and cut the internals down to the essentials; tank and release valve. Got rid of the pump handle on the back of the gun, glued a copper barrel mounting on in place of the old barrel. Added a breach, cheap air compressor and voila!

Sorry I don't have video or anything; the trigger's broken right now and I have to wait until Friday to get some sheet metal to repair it. However, it easily makes standard Nerf darts move over 100 feet per second. They sting quite a bit, and at 30PSI(pretty much optimum pressure) the gun will bury darts in ceiling tile.

The trigger exploded finally after probably four dozen 100PSI shots; I'll take the gun apart this weekend and photo it. 100PSI also rips darts apart.

(Note: Firing things like orange wedges is quite fun, along with hand sanitizer. Basically anything that fits, goes. Haven't tried marbles yet; don't want to rip holes in things :D )

Attachments

• DSCN0258_small.JPG
    DSCN0258_small.JPG
    484.1 KB · Views: 287
  • DSCN0260_small.JPG
    DSCN0260_small.JPG
    385.3 KB · Views: 266
  • DSCN0269_small.JPG
    DSCN0269_small.JPG
    494.5 KB · Views: 272
Last edited:
You're not crazy, seems like an impressive little toy. They only thing I'd urge is respect for it =) Something like saftey glasses for anyone in the room with it when it's working, or the person using it treating as if it were a real firearm.

A group of friends of mine many years ago made a water baloon launcher out of Duck tape and medical tubeing. Damn impressive device Launched water baloons a good 1000+ feet. Granted that's a bit more energy than your gun but still, they disrespected it one day while goofing off and hit another friend in the eye with it. Messy court battle later, and an aspiring artist lost depth perception and is likley to develope a cateract because of it. Extreme case granted, but a good 'tale of caution' so to speak =)

My blabber aside I'd love to see some video of this thing in action.

Sceadwian said:
The only thing I'd urge is respect for it =)

It sank a dart into ceiling tile at 30PSI...

I'm basically banned from playing Nerf with everyone; they're all scared and want to impose a PSI limit of under 20 or so...:D :D

A direct shot to the eye with something like that would easily blind someone permanently. Accidental shot to a partially open mouth could lodge it in the airway causing them to choke to death. More and bigger is good and fine, but don't be stupid.

Here's something I'm hoping to spend some spare moments on:

**broken link removed**

Presently have collected all of the parts and am working on sheet metal forming. I hope to cook a hot dog at 50 feet. I don't plan to eat it though! If it works, maybe I'll cook the real dog next door that's a PIA chronic barker!!:eek: ;)

HiTech said:

**broken link removed**

Presently have collected all of the parts and am working on sheet metal forming. I hope to cook a hot dog at 50 feet. I don't plan to eat it though! If it works, maybe I'll cook the real dog next door that's a PIA chronic barker!!:eek: ;)

You can try competing with BlendTec's "Will it Blend?" on YouTube...

HiTech said:

Just don't let Audioguru see it, he will tell you that the frequency stability will be poor because the antenna is connected directly to the tuned circuit (cavity).

Also, dont let the FCC/FAA/DHS/OSHA see it, they will each have a fit on several points!:eek:

Let us know if you get it working.

JimB

JimB said:
Just don't let Audioguru see it, he will tell you that the frequency stability will be poor because the antenna is connected directly to the tuned circuit (cavity).

Also, dont let the FCC/FAA/DHS/OSHA see it, they will each have a fit on several points!:eek:

Let us know if you get it working.

And make sure you NEVER come over here! :p

HiTech said:

**broken link removed**

I might have a use for your dog cooking machine, as I too have a rather annoying K9 neighbour. (no I don't mean the girl who cooks me curry) Will you rent it out when it's done?

Brian

Stable frequency? Even from the factory in it's oven configuration, it's connected directly to the cavity. Yes it's a MASER .... a Microphone Amplified via Semiconductors, Electrolytics, Resistors. The magnetron is gutted and acts as a heatsink for the semis!;)

What is it? Some sort of microwave ray gun;)

Looks like it could induce painful HV shocks;)

There is a local TV station with a very powerful weather radar dome that projects through people walking past it. They aren't cooked.

Andy1845c said:
What is it? Some sort of microwave ray gun;)

Looks like it could induce painful HV shocks;)
Well, yes it is. It would cause internal RF burns just as it does to food by boiling the moisture within. The waveguide is for focusing the RF.

Could probably jam cell phone calls for thousands of feet in the direction it's pointed.

In Krumlink's case MASER could be an acronym for:

[Censored - moderator] Adolescent Stimulated by Electricty and Robotics. :eek: ;) :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
Shucks!
I had nearly two hours to see it before it was censored.
I wonder if it is in Google's cache.

Me bad! I guess we can't use that particular word.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back