Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Xmas voltage adapters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
X

xl5

These stepdown adapters are prolific in their use especially at this time.

I am quite sure that many families that search out their previous Xmas lighting, ie illuminated santa, flashing sleigh's & reigndeer, not to mention lit snowmen xmas tree's and probably lot's more.

Usually these tx's are 6V 9V & 12vdc and some even give the polarity of the centre pin and body and some do not, What i have realised through friends setting up a display is when the festivities are over some are not too particular how the decorations are packed away, The result! for Xmas 2011AD confusion an AC secondry adapter might be plugged in where DC is called for.

Some tx's usually print the spec's on the body ie 240vac/12vdc 500mA or the occasional 240vac 9v..12vac. 1A...

The problem is not all Xmas decorations are marked to correspond and it has to be said that many families are unaware of this potential hazard hidden from them some tx's have a thermal fuse built in and might avert a fire hazard.

SO! label these little black B isolation tx's for next Christmas it will save a lot of time but might also save you & your families lives. Merry Xmas.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bah humbug continues to solve all my Christmas decoration issues in one shot every year! :D

Mine are all run at 24 Vac 500 mA each.
Have 20 lot's of 100 led's and no worries about connecting.
I always check that issue before i buy.

Have a few 12V dc setups which i connect to a dc power supply with stripconnectors.

Marking the PSU is a good idea for people with mixed set ups.
Also bear in mind that current ratings may be different too.

Bah humbug continues to solve all my Christmas decoration issues in one shot every year! :D

OMG. Wish my wife would solve problems... "just like your Humbug," Tell her she is a (Corker)

Yes Rodalco Amp rating is another factor if they are marked/labeled at the time like i iimplied one cannot go wrong.!

Um... 'Bah Humbug' relates to the Christmas story with Scrooge.

Basicaly screw Christmas and all it related nonsense, that sort of thing. :D

All of my holiday decorations are 120vAC. No worries here.

I am currently selling a bunch of transformers.
You would be suprised the number of people asking after specific transformers for there christmas lights.

You get the people that have nooooo knowledge at all when it comes to this.
A question i received:
"Do you have a the transformer to suit my christmas lights. They are serial number ML-4512A"

... no lady, I don't.

But in more polite words.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back