Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

wrap unwrap strip tool

Status
Not open for further replies.

g2c

Hello,

I intend to use wire wrapping on a double sided prototyping board for my project and, yes, i'll wrap manually. I need some good advice for the choice of the tool. I had some experience looong time ago with the ok tool wsu-30 M - see pictures and had pretty good results. Does anyone have some better idea for a tool? and also where to buy for a good price? There are some (i believe faked) wsu-30 M tools on ebay for around $20, they correspond to the ebay query "Wire Wrap Strip Unwrap Tool AWG 30 wsu-30 M" for example. Has anyone had any experience with these? And how does the ok tool compare with the radio shack watch screwdriver tool? BTW, this last one is no more on radio shack online store

Thanks in advance for your time

Attachments

• WSU-30M.jpg
    WSU-30M.jpg
    103.2 KB · Views: 132
Last edited:
If you are going to be wire wrapping a lot of pins you might consider an electric model.
Ebay has some used ones for a reasonable price such as this.

Thank you Crutschow
No, I don't have so many. As for the electric tool, I'd need 220v and shipment fees may be high.
Btw, corded wrappers aren't that comfortable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back