Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Wow

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only reason I said anything about my I.Q. was to say just because I have a high I.Q. does not make me any better than anyone else.

I am very surprised by some of the comments toward me.

Thank You For Welcoming Me.

As for these students it seems to me that it is the Teacher who is to blame.

Just my opinion of course.

But to say something childish as my weiner? LOL

C.:D

oh...now Im crushed

Oh grow up....someone with your IQ should be smart enough to know when somone is simply having some fun at your expense.
Again, being a bit less pompous in a early post may help you out a bit...be a bit more humble for gods sake man. Tossing out IQ numbers, and prior experience is like dipping yourself in chocolate before visiting a camp for fat people, then complaining someone is looking at you longingly.
And as far as blaming the teacher...I doubt it...they usually have classes of 40 or more students...if they werent doing their job, then we would see a hell of a lot more postings.
Again...nobdoy will get anywhere in life being handed a answer.
And as far as the weiner remark...I am so very sorry that you are so devoid of humour that you dont get the analogy.
OH WELL...back to my low-iq, less than impressive labour.

hi,

Interestingly the definition for 'intelligence' in AI;

'is the ability to do the right thing at the right time'

So wouldn't that make the IQ of a 'Chilli-Pepper' about 1000+

**broken link removed**

LOL Eric...hit the nail on the head...as eric is so prone to doing.
Ladyt11...I gotta hand it to you...you handled my acidic ribbing well, and you may have actually realised that tossing around IQ numbers and past experience may not be the best thing to do to impress us here.
Enjoy ur visits...welcome...but watch ur ass...someone will always be around to swoop down on it at a moments notice...keeps us all honest...not me......
someone else.....maybe.

I design and Troubleshoot all the Equipment in the Open Heart, I.C.U. , E.R., Telemetry Floors etc.

Does this statement sound highly suspect to anyone else? What, all the equipment in the intensive care unit, emergency room, open heart surgery and "telemetry floors" was designed by this one guy?

I have an I. Q. above 150..So What.

The only reason I said anything about my I.Q. was to say just because I have a high I.Q. does not make me any better than anyone else.

No, I would say it was a successful attempt at being a braggart. You can make a statement like that and follow up with "So what?" if it's a reply to someone else boasting about their IQ, but to introduce it in that manner is clearly boasting. To try and pretend otherwise is insulting to our intelligence.

Amen.

I queried about some medical equipment, but the response was much like asking someone if they are using 240V and they come back with "240, 241 whatever it takes"

IQ is just a measure of the ability to learn. Doesn't automatically grant you information or experience... Most people excel in one area, but do only average in others. Your score generally improves, each time you are tested. Personally, I've never been very impressed with people claiming high scores, doesn't seem to translate well in to the physical world.

LOL

It seems the I.Q. comment opened up a can of worms.

As for wahat I said about medical equipment. I gave a perfectly fine answer.

I answered that I have worked on many manufacturers. And have worked with both Static and Dynamic Waveforms. Not sure what you were asking Mike.

ABP-Arterial Blood Pressure

ART- Arterial Pressure.

These are abbreviations used.

C,:D

I deal with these pressures all the time. Especially in the I.C.U..

We also use a WEDGE waveform when placing a catheter in the heart to measure Cardiac Output.

Of course today everything is self checking. In the old days we had to do component trouble shooting. Now it is alot of board swapping.

And yes. I am the one and only person who designs all the Equipment in a Hospital.

LOL.

Pompous enough for you?

Ladyt11,
For you to say
I design and Troubleshoot all the Equipment in the Open Heart, I.C.U. , E.R., Telemetry Floors etc.
and not know your audience is a boast that you dare not make.

I asked about that particular device, also known as but not limited to, intermittent compression unit appliance, for one reason.

I know you most certainly had nothing to do with that design, and based on that bold faced lie, probably nothing to do with many others.

My "reputation" on this site took a dive because I took part in calling you out. I can handle that but I will not sit by and let you take the credit for something which you are owed none.

Mike2545

Oh I see what you meant. I did not say I hold the Patent on such equipment. I said I design and Troubleshoot.

Many times we are called on to design a circuit or modify something to work with a particular application. Of course now days with HIPPA and liability we no longer do.

Anyone reading this please do not look down on Mike. He is just protecting the integrity of the board. Obviously there was a miscomunication.

After reading your response Mike are you talking about an SCD? Sequential Compression Device? Like a Kendall 5325? Or maybe a AVI Impulse Unit?

C.

Last edited:
I apologize for being such a disruption.

Originally just wanted to say Hello.

It is obvious that no matter what I do there are some of you that will have a problem with me.

I in no way intentionally lied about anything.

I think I misunderstood questions and intentions. For that I am sorry.

C,:D

Hello and welcome. Don't worry you'll get tired of the constant homework or HHO requests after awhile.

Agreed. Ignore the self-appointed board cop and be welcome. And I also agree that before long, you'll notice that many of the posts which are responded to perhaps a bit harshly, deserve it. When you get your 700th message demanding the complete code, BOM, and schematics for a term project, you'll probably feel like shouting "think for yourself, dammit!". :)

Regards,

Torben

Hi Cary and welcome aboard and sorry the guys have been a bit rough with you. When you have looked around the Forum a bit more, you will come to realise the high level of very frustrating threads these guys have to somehow understand and reply to. I have just looked at some of today's posts :eek: and you have to feel for those who attempt to reply, they have far more patience than I and deserve everybody's admiration. I think they are all most willing to help those for example, who may have built something they saw on another internet site, but find they need some additional guide the original site does not give. Overall, I think the experienced hands on here do a tremendous job and yes, the frustration at times is bound to boil over but is easily balanced out by the help and advice they give.
Les

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back