Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Wow

Status
Not open for further replies.

killivolt

That was fast, my HDCP thread was deleted.

Not to say it shouldn't have been but, that was fast.

Not even a message or anything as to why but, I have a few possibilities.

1. You don't want people from the AV world coming to the site.

2. It's not Legal and shouldn't even be discussed or for that matter seen.

3. You don't want young people on the site to be influence in deviant behavior?

Just kidding around. I'm ok with it really.

kv

Edit: It could have been the link I posted to a (Device) no longer available to the public. Such a link could have been be a violation.

Last edited:
Where did you post it? I can look and find out why it was deleted..

We have been inundated with Chinese spam, you may be a unfortunate candidate of "Oops"..

Nope!! The Legality of the inquiry is against the rules..

So what's wrong with what I am assuming you mean High Bandwidth Digital Content discussions? :confused:

So what's wrong with what I am assuming you mean High Bandwidth Digital Content discussions? :confused:

Buying, selling or discussing getting around it.

They stopped making blu-ray's that allow an HD signal to pass without HDCP.

There are some solutions but, none that I want to use. I can down convert and then up convert but, thats just stupid too!

I just wish they would allow Teaching institutions to have a key or something that would allow specific use or something.

But, even that use would be abused by the public. What's funny is if someone really wants to get around it, they do. I just think the hole thing is like a tinny little "lock" that keeps honest people honest. It really does not stop anyone from getting around it.

I see now. Those who know how to get around the system do and those who don't don't want anyone else learning how. :rolleyes:

FWIW I obey every law that I voted for. Fortunately for me I don't vote very much so most laws are just general guidelines. ;)

The more anyone tries to stand in my way the more I want to see what's behind them that they think I don't need to see! :D

HDCP is really just a hindrance; it will stop you using any non-compliant devices, e.g. many DVI LCD monitors and older flat screen displays. You can remove it using a HDCP stripper (<$30, I believe), so it seems more of an annoyance than actually useful to anyone.

HDCP is really just a hindrance; it will stop you using any non-compliant devices, e.g. many DVI LCD monitors and older flat screen displays. You can remove it using a HDCP stripper (<$30, I believe), so it seems more of an annoyance than actually useful to anyone.

It may be available over there but, as far as I know not here. There is a software option but that is not a good way to either, it's just dumb.

I still believe they should make Video Teleconference equipment (compliant with HDCP) then I wouldn't have this crap. In the current infrastructure land lines and switching equipment, we are only able to send 15fps so it looks crapy anyway. It actually would look better at 30fps sending it standard def, s-vid or component, which I can do but, they have remove that option from the Blu-Rays.

Oh, well.

Thanks anyway.

It may be available over there but, as far as I know not here. There is a software option but that is not a good way to either, it's just dumb.
The HDCP stripper? Look on ebay for an HDCP splitter; it seems they may have to remove the HDCP to be able to split the signal. Ask the seller if it does remove the HDCP before buying of course.

tcmtech said:
I see now. Those who know how to get around the system do and those who don't don't want anyone else learning how.

How true this is. My boss wanted access into a storeroom, so have others in the past. During te day everyone has access and just signs things out. After hours, very few have access. I have accessed the need and granted access under one condition, "You dont know how I/you got in" AND you sign the stuff out in the morning They were all agreeable to that condition, If they knew how, it would be fixed. The "hole" existed because of "stupid people". They were not allowed to watch what I did to gain entry.

In another instance, I was entrusted with the intrusion password. Only two people from the office staff, knew I had it, but since I would not be expected to have it, no one else knew. I did have the opportunity to use it in the presence of our security police, though still keeping the "protected secret". If I had advertised that I had it, the code would hve been changed. One particular day, I was asked to arm the alarm when the normal armers were away.

Sounds sort of like the bypass codes for a car wash.

If you want the deluxe wash the vast majority of car washes with the system where you enter a code from a ticket to get your vehicle washed never gets set to anything but the default which is usually 1111 or 11111 or 9999 or 99999 depending on if that particular wash system uses a 4 or 5 digit number. :p

I have seen the systems screw up a number of times over the years and every time the attendant that came out put in all 1's or all 9's and the person the system acted up on got the deluxe wash. ;)

I also remember one of my first jobs where I was a night shift service tech. I found a long forgotten about manual to the main time clock one day when I was cleaning out our service and storage room. From that day forth I was never ever late for work no matter what time I showed up and the time clock stamp on my time cards could prove it! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back