Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Would you wear this 1949 Radio Electronics Magazine "Radio Hat"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

blueroomelectronics

Found this site with lots of old Radio Electronics magazine issues, but this hat was too much :)
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**

I have a large collection of electronics magazines, including all of those RE issues shown from 1971 onward. I also have Popular Electronics when they were half-sized pubilcations. Some of those go back into the '60s. It's a real hoot to see "pictorial" assembly diagrams along with the schematic. Never an ad about a 'puter or even a calculator in those old issues. There were more ads on electronics correspondence courses.

Is that loop the antenna? Seems like turning your head would affect the signal strength.

Edit: Just scanned though the artical. It is a loop antenna...... I guess you turn your head to look at somthing and lose your station:p

Last edited:
Guess those tubes would keep your head warm. How big are a pair of 22V batteries?

Nice "improved" transistor picture in the article on the hat too.

I sometimes wear my geeky t-shirt which reads;

"there are only 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't"

I also wear my 8-bit tie to work sometimes.

I draw the line at that hat though!

Brian

ThermalRunaway said:
"there are only 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't"

I love that quote, only second to mythbusters, "I reject your reality and substitute it with my own."

ThermalRunaway said:
I sometimes wear my geeky t-shirt which reads;

I also wear my 8-bit tie to work sometimes.

Me wonders if you got pushed around and beat up a lot during your school days!!:rolleyes: ;)

HiTech said:
Me wonders if you got pushed around and beat up a lot during your school days!!:rolleyes: ;)

I never understood this stereotype of week nerdy people, I wore a bunch of shirts like that while I was on the football team and going to the gym a lot.

blueroomelectronics said:
Guess those tubes would keep your head warm. How big are a pair of 22V batteries?

Nice "improved" transistor picture in the article on the hat too.
22V batteries (actually, 22.5V) are the same size as 9V PP3 batteries, but they have one terminal on each end. You can still buy them (NEDA 215 or Eveready 412). I built a regenerative 1 tube (1S5) radio in 1958 or '59. It used a 22.5V battery for the plate supply, and a 1.5V D cell for the heater power. That little battery seemed to last forever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back