Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

World's cheapest car..

Status
Not open for further replies.
say hasn't that yorkie chocolate been banned for racism or something it probably would have in the uk hence we don't have it

Girls and guys are different races?? Only in some weird countries.

actually in italy its called the "city mode" I'd rather call it the telepathic crash mode if you can only drive a car with a little finger then you have no business driving a car

Thunderchild said:
actually in italy its called the "city mode" I'd rather call it the telepathic crash mode if you can only drive a car with a little finger then you have no business driving a car

It's called 'City mode' in the UK as well, and labelled as such, it's just that a TV advert called it a 'girlie button'.

Really it's for parking, not for driving.

yea well you see 50 % of italians are arsholes and my driving instruct fell into this category and decided I had to do ALL driving in "city mode" my fiesta has light enough "normal" stearing and something less to go wrong

what worries me about that tata is consumption my last mileage was 11.875 mile per litre doing 1/2 a tank on a non stop 260 mile journey and 1/2 a tank driving locally so a good average (best and worst conditions) so thats 54 mpg this tata "thing" with an engine hardly more than 1/2 the size of mine does 50 mpg so its half as efficient than a 10 year old ford fiesta

Thunderchild said:
yea well you see 50 % of italians are arsholes and my driving instruct fell into this category and decided I had to do ALL driving in "city mode" my fiesta has light enough "normal" stearing and something less to go wrong

what worries me about that tata is consumption my last mileage was 11.875 mile per litre doing 1/2 a tank on a non stop 260 mile journey and 1/2 a tank driving locally so a good average (best and worst conditions) so thats 54 mpg this tata "thing" with an engine hardly more than 1/2 the size of mine does 50 mpg so its half as efficient than a 10 year old ford fiesta
probably cause the engines made out of recycled plastic bags. lawl.

The dinky little Tata engine is a two-stroke. So it wastes a lot of gas making its screaming sound. I wonder if you must mix oil with its fuel. I wonder if it smokes like a chain-saw.

My Chevrolet has electric power steering to save fuel since an ordinary hydraulic power steering pump runs all the time. Mine has a light feeling for parking and automatically adjusts for more force required when driving along.

audioguru said:
The dinky little Tata engine is a two-stroke. QUOTE]

in some countrys they working on laws that forbid 2 strokes at all

only the ones that already there are alowed but new ones, no way

two stroke ? sh!t thats BAD they are more poluting but they are more efficient and oh yes they are theoretically twice but in reality not quite, in a 4 stroke engine the pistons do a dead cycle only on 1 out of 2 downstrokes does the sparkplug fire whereas in a 2 stroke it fires on every downstroke so the same size engine has uppose 1.7 times the power they say it is not as thermally efficient as the 4 stroke, but because of its nature the lubricating oil is mixed with the petrol and burned and so is very poluting, well thats what school taught me (and the instructions to my RC spitfire with a 6.47cc 2 stroke engine)

Thunderchild said:
two stroke ? sh!t thats BAD they are more poluting but they are more efficient
That's not true, two strokes are less efficient and are banned in many countries as they don't meet the emissions stantards.

If they sell a lot of these little cars with their noisy two-stroke engines then the country will sound like it is full of bees. Are there bees in India?

Hero999 said:
That's not true, two strokes are less efficient and are banned in many countries as they don't meet the emissions stantards.

ah are we talking efficient as in litres of petrol = "x" power

or

power produced by a particular engine size

probably the second and that explains the poor consumption, if two stroke its as powerful as my 1120 cc engine but yes I suppose not as efficient and yes very poluting

My sister's car turns out 60bhp and it has a 1.2L engine.

My bike kicks out 57bhp and only has a 500cc engine.

It depends on the compression ratio and a good engine management system helps too.

One of our favourite cars to hate in Europe was the **broken link removed**.

Time website says: "Powered by a two-stroke pollution generator that maxed out at an ear-splitting 18 hp, the Trabant was a hollow lie of a car ... Trabants smoked like an Iraqi oil fire, when they ran at all, and often lacked even the most basic of amenities, like brake lights or turn signals"

There was also the Wartburg (2 stroke 3 cylinders) - both of the above have a 'cult' following.

The Royal Enfield was a Motorcycle produced in India. The Taurus version had 325cc diesel engine (6½hp). It could acheive 200mph.

Honda motorcycle engines have been made in China for some time. A lot of Chinese made motcycles are based on Japanese designs.

A UK train operator may buy **broken link removed**from China.
"Grand Central, a small British train operator, has said it is preparing to order three Chinese-built high-speed trains for a new service between London and Sunderland"

CheapSlider said:
The Royal Enfield was a Motorcycle produced in India. The Taurus version had 325cc diesel engine (6½hp). It could acheive 200mph.
I don't believe that 6½hp will get you to 200mph it will get you to about 50mph with normal bike aerodynamics, maybe 70mph if you really streamlined it but it wouldn't be very practical.

Last edited:
CheapSlider said:
The Royal Enfield was a Motorcycle produced in India.

Not quite true, the Royal Enfield was a motorcycle produced in the UK, but back in the 50's or so they had a big order from the Indian government for essentially 'idiot proof' bikes that didn't need any 'running in'.

Royal Enfield sold them the 350cc 'Bullet', and even sent engineers out to India to build a production facility.

After the complete demise of the UK motorbike industry, the Indian factory was still churning out the old Bullet, and in recent years have even exported them to the UK and the rest of the world. Still essentially the 1950's Bullet, but with indicators and brake light added, apparently a fairly decent bike for the price?.

CheapSlider said:
One of our favourite cars to hate in Europe was the **broken link removed**.
The Trabant was made in the old German Democratic Republic (Eastern Germany).
The last one I saw was in England and was obviously there on holiday (with its owners!) from Germany. It was in very nice condition and the body had been "wallpapered" with old East German bank notes, basically worthless after unification.

JimB

JimB said:
The Trabant was made in the old German Democratic Republic (Eastern Germany).
The last one I saw was in England and was obviously there on holiday (with its owners!) from Germany. It was in very nice condition and the body had been "wallpapered" with old East German bank notes, basically worthless after unification.

You need to come to Derbyshire, there's a collector of them here, at a small village called "Middleton By Youlgreave" - he has (or at least had) heaps of them - last I heard the local council were taking him to court over them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back