Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

World's Best Audio Amplifier IC !

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are joking correct? There is no best and you don't mention an application, power rating, frequency response or much of anything. If there was a best it would be beyond your price range I think. You are asking a question that there is no answer to.

Ron

Define "Best" in this context.

And don't start a second thread when this clearly has to do with the same topic as your other thread.

Define "Best" in this context.

Good, Better, Best never let it rest till your good is better and your better is best. Then there is also the best of the best sort of like the bestest ever! Never mind, doesn't define anything. :(

Ron

This is the best one I have found LM3886 in a TO-220 package 11 pin IC. Output is 68 watts with a 4 ohm speaker, 38 watts with a 8 ohm speaker, 135 watts peak to peak. Circuit is very simple and you have several choices to build it. Signal to noice ratio is 92 dB. Feedback capacitor high pass roll off Fc = 1 / (2 pi R1 C1). Optional mute capacitor. Rm = Mute Resistor allows .5 ma at pin 8. I will have to find the circuit to this it is extremely easy to build it only required a few parts and you can build it stereo too. I bought 20 of these ICs they are dirt cheap I beleive the price was about $2 each 20 years ago.

Gary350,

Thank you for your reply !

Your choice is good and I will go for it. Today I saw the datasheet of this IC as there are lot of schematics for different application uses but I could not understand which one I should go for it. Actually I need very basic audio amplifier for any 2.1 speaker system. Can you tell me ?

2.1 system needs a separate amp for sub-woofer + stereo amp for satellites. You need two best amp IC's!
He would need three LM3886's if he used one each for the stereo outputs and one for the subwoofer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back