Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

World Cup 2006

Who will be the winner of FIFA World Cup 2006?

• Germany

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Portugal

• France

• Italy

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I THINK THIS CRAP SHOULD NOT BE ON HERE........... I come here to get away from the mindless crap that is football, and now you even take this space away from me

FOOTBALL IS A GAME PLAYED BY 22 BRAINDIED IDIOTS, AND SUPPORTED BY THOSE WITH NEGATIVE NUMBER IQ.

rigdoctor99 said:
FOOTBALL IS A GAME PLAYED BY 22 BRAINDIED IDIOTS, AND SUPPORTED BY THOSE WITH NEGATIVE NUMBER IQ.
Well, if you ask me, it's pretty obvious that football has less gayity to it than rugby and soccer do -- need proof?

**broken link removed** **broken link removed** **broken link removed**

I wonder how long it would be before some American confuses real football with the US version. Real football is (to the rest of the world) what you lot call soccer, your football is a perverse mixture of rugby and soccer.

I'm not really a big fan of football. That said, if it were a big sport in my country, and my country were playing in the World Cup, I'd probably support it just for the sake of supporting my own country when they compete in a big event. I didn't support the English football team at all. Why? Because the team is called "England"!

That's not to say I have anything against the English, because I don't. But I'm Welsh not English so why would I make the effort to support them? If they called the team Great Britain, or United Kingdom, then that would be a completely different story - I'd happily support them. But if they're going to call it England then sorry, no way!

If Wales were playing a huge game against teams worldwide, I'm sure we wouldn't see half of England driving around with Welsh flags stuck to their cars, so no way am I going to stick an English flag to mine.

As I say, I don't have anything at all against the English, but if you want me to play the patriotic game with you then you have to include me. If the team is called England, I'm clearly not included. If it's called GB or UK, then count me in. Simple as that for me!

Brian

Hero999 said:
I wonder how long it would be before some American confuses real football with the US version. Real football is (to the rest of the world) what you lot call soccer, your football is a perverse mixture of rugby and soccer.
No way in hell is any rugby or soccer player gonna survive a tackle from a 6'3 NFL offensive tackle who weighs 300+lbs. Their career is over! Now you tell me what's real.

HiTech said:
No way in hell is any rugby or soccer player gonna survive a tackle from a 6'3 NFL offensive tackle who weighs 300+lbs. Their career is over! Now you tell me what's real.

Rugby players do it all the time, and don't wear girlie body armour either :D

The other American sport is another 'girlie' game, Baseball - it's called 'rounders' over here, and junior school girls play it!.

Missed one! - Basketball, another game that junior school girls play, except it's called netball over here :D

Netball and basket are different games, the girls play netball and boys b=play basketball.

Nigel Goodwin said:
Rugby players do it all the time, and don't wear girlie body armour either :D

The other American sport is another 'girlie' game, Baseball - it's called 'rounders' over here, and junior school girls play it!.

Missed one! - Basketball, another game that junior school girls play, except it's called netball over here :D

Girlie armour just means harder hits!

harder hits == more entertainment & blood / broken bones.

Blood & broken bones are what Americans LOOOOOVE to watch..

Right?!

hey Nigel, go tell Michael Jordan he's made a comfy living off of a girlie sport. He's acquired more wealth in just the commercial product endorsements than whole Euro soccer teams earn. Then add in the millions for his court time and you likely now have the wealthiest player in sports history. He was even compared to Bill Gates once ... geek vs. jock on income per minute ... Gates won the title, but it was still amazing to see what Jordan made every minute of the day.

Well the geek won, which is proof that you don't need to be manly to make money.

Michael Jordan vs. Bill Gates

Michael Jordan will make over $300,000 a game: $10,000 a minute, assuming he averages about 30 minutes per game.
Assuming $40 million in endorsements next year, he'll be making $178,100 a day (working or not)!
Assuming he sleeps 7 hours a night, he makes $52,000 every night while visions of sugarplums dance in his head.
If he goes to see a movie, it'll cost him $7.00, but he'll make $18,550 while he's there.
If he decides to have a 5 minute egg, he'll make $618 while boiling it.
He makes $7,415/hour more than minimum wage (after the wage hike)
He'll make $3,710 while watching each episode of Friends.
If he wanted to save up for a new Acura NSX ($90,000) it would take him a whole 12 hours.
If someone were to hand him his salary and endorsement money, they would have to do it at the rate of $2.00 every second.
He'll probably pay around $200 for a nice round of golf, but will be "reimbursed" $33,390 for that round.
Assuming he puts the federal maximum of 15% of his income into his tax-deferred account (401k), he will hit the federal cap of $9500 for such accounts at 8:30 a.m. on January 1st, 1998.
If you were given a tenth of a penny for every dollar he made, you'd be living comfortably at $65,000 a year.
He'll make about $19.60 while watching the 100 meter dash in the Olympics.
He'll make about $15,600 while the Boston Marathon is being run.
While the common person is spending about $20 for a meal in his trendy Chicago restaurant, he'll pull in about $5,600.
Next year, he'll make more than twice as much as all of our past presidents for all of their terms combined.
Amazing isn't it?

BUT: JORDAN WILL HAVE TO SAVE 100% OF HIS INCOME FOR 270 YEARS TO HAVE A NET WORTH EQUIVALENT TO THAT OF BILL GATES.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back