Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Won't be here for a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.
@bryan1,
Perhaps you get prescribed power of glasses either costly in poly-lens or cheap in normal glass. For immediate use, you may choose, glass version. The traders have range depending on affordability, at lest in India, it is like that.

300 dollars for glasses, no logic for it. Even with the worst vision. I've long held the opinion that the bulk of the optometry industry is a complete scam. If not the medical side of things then the marketing and prices, especially for frames.

Try a website like https://www.zennioptical.com/ All you need is the prescription from your eye doctor (not sure about the law there but here they're required to give it to you upon request free of charge as it's the point of an eye exam)

My wife has a pretty heavy prescription and she got sunglasses through there for 12 dollars. I don't see how you could be any different, my wife is unable to read across a room without her glasses and is required to wear them while driving. If someone is trying to charge you 300 dollars for glasses all they're trying to do is line their pockets.

It being an online website you are shooting in the dark a little as far as frame fit and fashion go, but if this is for raw site you shouldn't be worried about any of that.

Last edited:
got it Nigel, I definitely feel it would improve in few more fortnights

At my last appointment with the surgeon (almost three weeks ago) he said the distortion might subside somewhat over the next few months, and to go back again in two months time for evaluation. He suggested that a further operation to remove scarring on the retina could help the distortion - I've since heard from someone that had it done, and it was a simple laser based operation as an outpatient.

I've no idea if it helped the lady in question or not?, as she ended up completely blind in that eye, and her eye is now mostly dead, but nothing to do with the scarring operation.

Nigel with my eye test they showed me a pic of both the corana and the retina and they did say no long term damage is there. Now with the amount of wog's in my eyes and getting a full blast off a 550,000 mcd led hasn't shown any damage I do consider i am one lucky bloke.

I just hope you can get a full or near recovery as the eyes are one of the most important parts.

Regards Bryan

Nigel with my eye test they showed me a pic of both the corana and the retina and they did say no long term damage is there. Now with the amount of wog's in my eyes and getting a full blast off a 550,000 mcd led hasn't shown any damage I do consider i am one lucky bloke.

I just hope you can get a full or near recovery as the eyes are one of the most important parts.

Regards Bryan

I had a photo at my last eye test, which looked fine (as I saw it) - I'm considering popping back in
to see if they would do it again to see what it looks like now (but I don't want to pay for an eye test).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back