Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Wondering how is Willen doing in Nepal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, displaced people need such help. But here it's VERY important to donate in right organization who directly distributes it to victims. Donation through our government might not be worthful way. You know that in a poor country, there's lots more corruption exist. I even cannot believe on my government.

Also late to this thread. And I moan with my stuff :(

Stay well Willen. You are a genuine person who is an asset here @ ETO. Stay safe and remember the drinking water advise.

Regards,
tv

Thank you dear Ron and tvtech, don't worry it's not late. We are feeling tiny after-shock till now, few hours ago. Yesterday they found a boy alive inside a crumbled building after 120 hours of the quake. 1,40,000 houses collapsed totally and people are not getting water, food to eat. Many more affected areas are VERY remote hilly and mountain villages so people facing extremely hard life around there. There all houses were made by JUST soil and stones so collapsed all! https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2015_Nepal_earthquake

Last edited:
Heartly thanks for these 'countries' and to their 'soldiers' for helping us in very hard time:
India 1415
China 952
Srilanka 140
Pakistan 86
Turkey 79
Bangladesh 19
Israel 280
Nether land 62
Bhutan 62
America 94
Japan 98
France 51
Spain 43
South Korea 46
Singapore 253
Thailand 54
Belgium 42
Russia 91
Norway 35
Britain 155
Canada 117
Switzerland 9
Germany 52
UAE 29
Jordan 23
Sweden 72
Indonesia 89
Italy 11
Algeria 70
Oman 23
Mexico 20
Hungary 34
Ref- https://nagrikpost.com/neighbouring-countries-here-to-help-or-humiliate-us/

Hi Willen,

I think there is a growing desire to help rebuild Nepal from all kinds of people and a lot of countries. You may find that over time things actually improve greatly over pre-earthquake times. It's too bad that things like this ALWAYS have to happen before anyone does anything significant about the problems, like ill structured buildings. And that means that after this there will be no excuse.

Hi Willen,

I think there is a growing desire to help rebuild Nepal from all kinds of people and a lot of countries. You may find that over time things actually improve greatly over pre-earthquake times. It's too bad that things like this ALWAYS have to happen before anyone does anything significant about the problems, like ill structured buildings. And that means that after this there will be no excuse.

Yes, as Willen said, the capital of our province of San Juan, suffered a strong earthquake in 1944. Most of the buildings had to be rebuilt. Lesson learned. Succesive quakes caused just minor damages in comparison.

OH NO........it's so annoying! Another quake hit Nepal badly! It was almost same powerful as first was! Land floating was same as first quake. Hearing that again more remaining building crumbled. I hope no more people trapped and no more lost life again. BBC says it has 7.4 magnitude. After 10 minutes, Afghanistan also hit by 6.9magnitude. Afghanistan, Pakistan, Nepal, India, Bhutan and Myanmar are the himalayan countries. I don't know how many energy still remaining inside the himalayan range.
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-32701385

Last edited:
OH NO........it's so annoying! Another quake hit Nepal badly! It was almost same powerful as first was! Land floating was same as first quake. Hearing that again more remaining building crumbled. I hope no more people trapped and no more lost life again. BBC says it has 7.4 magnitude. After 10 minutes, Afghanistan also hit by 6.9magnitude. Afghanistan, Pakistan, Nepal, India, Bhutan and Myanmar are the himalayan countries. I don't know how many energy still remaining inside the himalayan range.
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-32701385
Terrible. Hope the damage and casualties aren't too bad.

Hi,

That is very sad, hard to hear. We can only hope that the ground settles out soon, although they say it could last for some time yet. I hope everything goes well for you and yours.
It's getting to the point where there are so many natural disasters we dont know if any of us will still be around this time next year. Anybody anywhere can get hit with something. We saw it here with hurricane Sandy, which wiped out the east coast shore along our state. Some of the people are still displaced and still not recovering from the losses even though the governor tried several times to get federal aid.

Seems like he is OK. But the ongoing quakes are bad.
Last one today @ 7.2 on the Richter Scale :wideyed:

Stay well Willen. And away from buildings.

Regards,
tv

Willen, I am glad to hear that you survived the devastation. I hope you continue to safely ride the after shocks.
Audioguru

Thank you all for wishing better life of mine and taking care about me. I used to think that the professional engineers are like robot but now I am feeling I am talking to my relatives. :)

Yes, I am safe. Luckily I am approx 350km far from regular epicentre. Quake was huge but not devastating as there around epicentre.

It's strange that the scientists discovered amazing aspects science but why they are not being able to sense the pressure inside few km deep of the earth! A news reader was saying about a website- world-earthquakes.com and about its seismic activity percentage. The quake was happened yesterday at 1pm and according to the news reader the website was showing Nepal's seismic activity around 2 or 3% from yesterday morning. And the site was showing just around 0.3% from many days. It means it can predict the earthquake little. Here again showing 4% seismic activity and warning till 48 hours. Seems interesting, isn't it? I will regularly monitor the seismic activity of Nepal, lets see how accurately it can catch.

Actually how they measure the seismic activity of all around the world? Sure, they haven't placed sensors to the whole world.

Last edited:
Hola willen. Good to see you here.

In fact, in the last years, basically we are having much more volcano activity in the Andes mountain (border with Chile) than quakes. The Calbuco volcano erupted few days ago, here.

Ashes, go up there in the sky and it takes time for them to disappear completely. They obviously mean a real problem for anyone living in the area. Rain / wind will not solve it in few days. Lot of cattle is lost in the first week and moving it is impossible or extremely expensive. Meantime, people has very hard life for months.

Because of ashes, last year, instead of going / returning by plane from Buenos Aires to Patagonia (Puerto Madryn, more precisely) I had to travel by bus many many times. All flights were almost continuously stopped for several months.

Each voyage took minimum 19 hours, all going well. It was definitely tyring!! But I could not complain; I was still safe.

My life at sea taught me to complain little if at all; always there is someone having harder times than me.

When I was still second mate, we were once near Canary Islands in the middle of a very bad gale with the vessel rolling, pitching and hammering madly. We were all cursing and complaining until the Radio Officer (no satellites at that time) came with an emergency message from another vessel in the vicinity: she had one man gone overboard. Silence in our bridge after that.

My continued hope that things will quiet down, you can rebuild things and live in peace.

@ atferrari, sounds so strange and painful parts of the world. Here is no volcano from hundreds of years! Story of there seems more harder and challenging. Argentina and Chile are same country as Nepal. There due to pacific plate vs Argentenian plate. And here Indian plate vs Chinese plate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back