Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Wonder whats next to go

Status
Not open for further replies.

be80be

I see this a lot you have people saying things about stuff they don't even know what it is.
The op post engine they start talking about motors a motor runs on electric power and engine runs on fuel.

Hard to help people that don't know what they got LOL good luck

Rockets run on fuel and they are called motors by the rocket hobbyist community. Many states have a department of motor vehicles, but no department of engine vehicles. There are motor sports, and motorcades. Music synthesizers, which run on electricity, are often described as having a "synth engine" that generates the sound waveforms. Simple truth is that the words 'motor' and 'engine' are commonly interchanged, and both are considered acceptable by the vast majority unless somebody wants to split hairs.

You just proved the point its not a matter of engine or motor its what do you have.
How can you help them if they don't know lol. I want to remote control a engine OK is it a motor lol.
Well how can we tell you cant without them making clear what they have.

It seems I have to go through life shrugging off the insanity and craziness of people and their irrational ideas every day.
The use of motor and engine is way down on the list.

I'm more concerned with people who actually believe there is some merit to creationism because all the fossils came from the flood in Noah's time, lol.
Microwave ovens radiate nuclear radiation, lol.
How global climate change is a myth or not man-made (even though we are only talking about the 1% of the atmosphere consisting of CO2 and Methane),
and that the entire US government establishment faked a moon landing (when they couldn't even keep a secret of the president getting a bj!).
Or for the past 30 years or so they had the technology to create electric cars as good as gasoline powered vehicles (even though the battery technology at the time was far inferior,
many believed that one little car-portable battery could produce the equivalent wattage to light a whole block of homes during peak usage and still cost no more than a gasoline eng..mot...thing),
and of course the NFL games are rigged (tens of thousands of players over the years and not one of them ratted out the secret even on their death bed!),
and much more!

If I may, I don't mean to criticize, but you could be a bit clearer in your typing by using punctuation.

"Well how can we tell you cant without them making clear what they have."

I had to read that about 4 times to figure out what you meant.
How can we tell you can't without... huh?
How can we tell you (that) you can't? No, that can't be right?
How can we tell (period, next sentence) You can't without them... OK, that way makes a bit more sense.

At least use a period to end a particular thought. Or put the next thought on a separate line.
It would only make it easier and quicker to read and understand, and would give you more credibility.

I swear to god it took me about three minutes to read and understand your original post, and I don't think I'm quite that slow.
Sorry, you are probably going to hate me now.

If I may, I don't mean to criticize, but you could be a bit clearer in your typing by using punctuation.

"Well how can we tell you cant without them making clear what they have."

I had to read that about 4 times to figure out what you meant.
How can we tell you can't without... huh?
How can we tell you (that) you can't? No, that can't be right?
How can we tell (period, next sentence) You can't without them... OK, that way makes a bit more sense.

At least use a period to end a particular thought. Or put the next thought on a separate line.
It would only make it easier and quicker to read and understand, and would give you more credibility.

I swear to god it took me about three minutes to read and understand your original post, and I don't think I'm quite that slow.
Sorry, you are probably going to hate me now.

Would probably be better typed as:

Well, how can we tell?
We can't, without them making it clear what they mean.

The trouble is, most of the planet doesn't speak English as their first language, and the bits that do, are rarely good at it nowadays :D

If I recall correctly, a period is a universal principle of all modern alphabetic languages.
We all should be using them if we want our thoughts to be communicated well.
Period.

Too much texting now days.

Huge problem everywhere. Kids cannot spell anymore. Face in the phone using "textspeak".
Flying fingers typing text I cannot comprehend.

Before is b4...etc.

Sad. I hate Cellphones because of their texting ability. What happened to using a phone for speaking?

No sweat Ian. Running the Battery and UPS through their paces again.

Crazy stuff....I have spent R2500 with what I have here. I know the Charger and the Battery and the UPS and the Load...

Crazier stuff....since I put it all together and all....ESKOM has not had another problem. So I simulate stuff.
Tonight I am taking the battery to 30% DOD. At this constant load here it should be down to 11.75V. That could take a while.

Do you know that you canno't buy a decent Generator or even proper chargers for Batteries anymore here?

Everything sold out. Link here: https://www.adendorff.co.za/Products/Generators.

I got in early. A good price and learning too.

The SMPS charger I purchased handles this battery well...

Deed done. I need to sleep now.

Regards,
tv

the 1st thing to go is details and the most important part of engineering is on paper for others to build where it all starts with a good Spec.
We need to show the way of a good design starts with clear expectations on what you verify when it does everything you want and avoids everything you dont want.

This is called a spec. even if it fits on a paper napkin.

An answer can be no better than the question in details.

Although often overlooked in designs, the Environment is a critical part of the spec.
Climatic; Temp and humidity, sometimes altitude, Salt spray Operating, non-operating, shipping
Mechanical: Shock & Vibe , Operating, Non-Operating and shipping.
Electrical: Power/ Voltage range, EMI Ingress ; Susceptibility Conducted, Radiated (modulated RF, line impulse, ESD) EMI Egress ( AC Conducted, Radiated),
Reliability: Power Cycling, HALT, HASS , Margin Stress Testing.. Mil-Std-Hdbk-217 etc.
Design Stds: for Cost DFC, for Test DFT, for manufacturability, DFM, for excellence, DFX

One only needs to look at any production power supply and expect all of this to be documented.
Sadly rookie designers aren't taught this, unless they have good mentors or Corporate or Military Standards.
I was lucky to have all of the above right from the start. in '75.

Last edited:
I see this a lot you have people saying things about stuff they don't even know what it is.
The op post engine they start talking about motors a motor runs on electric power and engine runs on fuel.

Hard to help people that don't know what they got LOL good luck

Sounds like my wife. She can't be bothered to actually learn the details of what she is talking about.
Normally she starts and stops in mid sentences and mispronounces half the words she did use and then gets upset with me for not listening or understanding what she is talking about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back