Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

wireless robot

Status
Not open for further replies.

hweontey

I am only fresh beginner. But, I dun know how to build a robot installed with wireless webcam, wireless speaker and wireless microphone that can be remotely controlled through a computer?

Therefore, user can communicate with people when the robot meets them.

Any schematic diagrams and websites??

Thanks...

If your a beginner, that may be WAY over your head. Why not try something a bit easier.

Reactions: 3v0
I have to agree, try something simple. A line follower is popular. Two way wireless communications with the bandwidth for video will not be cheap or something you can generally build yourself.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3v0
YOur best bet is just to use a Maxstream Zigbee for controlling the robot and sending data back and forth. The video/audio will get VERY expensive if you try and do it digital- buy a wireless security camera w/e microphone and use that instead.

You will have a separate TV monitor to view your robot and a PC to control it, but it will cost much much less and be much much easier than trying to get it all on a PC (that is, unless you get one of those webcams with WiFi built-in cameras, then it could all be on your PC.

THe hardest part for a beginner of what I Just mentioned is actually getting the Maxstream Zigbee to be able to control the robot (which means setting up circuits on the robot so that the Zigbee can control the motors and other things, which like others said, may be too much for a beginner.) THat said, if all you really want is a remote control platform with a camera (which is what it sounds like), then find a motor controller that has RS-232 so it can be controlled by the Zigbee and learn how to set it up. Everything after that is just mechanics and sticking those cameras and microphones on the base.

Last edited:
Lets leave video aside for a while. For the communication I suggest using audio FM transmitter receiver pair. Cheap and no issues of bandwidth. Next for the control signals, send DTMF tones over the same (?) medium. Chances are that your robot will not be receiving a LOT of control signals when its talking. It usualy will be just standing still when talking. So the DTMF tones wont cut the actual audio out altogether.
For video, well, let someone else chip in.

pkshima said:
Lets leave video aside for a while. For the communication I suggest using audio FM transmitter receiver pair. Cheap and no issues of bandwidth. Next for the control signals, send DTMF tones over the same (?) medium. Chances are that your robot will not be receiving a LOT of control signals when its talking.

No, don't send DTMF it's a really poor method, and 30 years out of date, send digital data via licence free radio modules.

i also opted for the same project with wireless communication of more than 50 m in height used for surveillance...will tell u in few days////but hey peter ur link is invalid...do check it...

Take a look at this..

Ashish's Programming Journal: Computer Controlled RC Car

you can communicate using mic, also you can keep camera(wireless) on car/you say robot, and can watch out in system. just simple idea..
hii...the link
**broken link removed**
is really very useful for people interested in robotics and stuff.can u plz help me out more such links which may help me to build my project relating to robotics,....and which gives the information (so completely sufficient)as provided in the above link...

If someone can design a wireless robot with WIFI it would be virtually controlled from Anywhere in the world... you can google... Spykee and Rovio robots that work on WIFI and controlled with a Computer based software.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back