Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Wireless Robot

Status
Not open for further replies.

shaker

Hi...

My new project is making a wireless robot but..i don't have very information...I'm building a wireless robot...but i don't know how build the circuit to control the robot from the PC...I think if i connect the motors for a laptop and connect to his from my desktop...but..i need a somethink more simply...

Please help mee..

(And if possible connect a camera to see where are my robot) :eek:

Sorry my wrong english because i'm portuguese:D

Cya

how big is your budget?

you can get prefab modules, like an Zigbee that have a freescale microcontroller and a 2.4ghz wireless link all rolled into one. just program the microcontroller to control your robot motors and it's off to the races

or if you prefer, you can get bluetooth modules which work in a similar fashion.

if you're more hardcore, you can get a pair of those 433mhz transceivers and hook up a separate microcontroller

John that robot are very simply and easy to made...but..I need connect to PC to control the robot or I can control from the joystick?

I need more projects...i need more ideas..

Cya

You can interface the transmitting side PIC to a PC via RS232 as well as a joystick. See Nigels tutorials at "http://www.winpicprog.co.uk/pic_tutorial.htm". Infact you will find all the building blocks you will need there ...

This robot does everything you wanted and even has examples of controlling it with a web browser.

**broken link removed**

kingpin094

NO! BT = BS 4 RB ;)

Don't use Bluetooth for robot applications. bluetooth is very unreliable and has limited range. Also costs way too much... RF is the way to go. XBee seems nice. especially when 2 way communication in needed.

Class 1 Bluetooth devices have a 100mw (20dBm) transmit level.
Standard Zigbee devices transmit at around 1mw (0dBm), Zigbee pro goes up to I think 60mw's (18dBM)

That makes the theoretical range of a Bluetooth class 3 devices (0dBm) and a generic zigbee module the same. The bandwidth per channel is higher for zigbee because they use 5mhz channels Bleutooth is 1mhz but that's because bluetooth allows for a larger number of devices so it needs more channels.

Sparkfun carries both bluetooth and zigbee RF modules, and the price for the bluetooth modules is the same.

I thought that he also talked about the BT inside the Laptop computer and the general USB sticks sold on the market... those are pure BS for the cost... I payd 20$ for one and have to position my phone 2cm from the dongle to get any kind of communication... + BT wants handshaking. RF does not (what is a good, not bad thing). Handshaking takes up valuable time and is totally useless IMHO.
I'd rather use IR than BT. When the robot is running indoors in one room, then IR is the way to go.

But what do I know ;) I only have 2 years of experience in the field...

Anyway what ever you It's your choice ;) and your money...

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back