Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Wireless mouse

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it possible to "repair" a wireless mouse. This worked fine, but when I tried to use it on another computer it no longer worked. Have tried it on a few different computers, but when you hook it up the computer does not recognize the mouse at all. There is no "New Hardware Found" or any kind of recognition like that. Have tried new batteries.....what do you guys think ?
Thank You

**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

I assume you've tried it with fresh batteries?

I have a wired optical mouse, the problem I have is dirt sometimes collects in the sensor and it becomes unreliable or doesn't work at all.

Does it still work on the original machine? If not its a hardware problem . If it does still work they mostly come with software on the ones I have hadso you might have a disk somewhere?

It will not work on any machine, and yes I have tried it with known batteries. The lights on the mouse and the receiver light up, but the computer(s) do not see the mouse. Maybe the cord on the receiver is bad/open..???

Yes, it could be the cord.

Have you checked the connections for continuity?

Thought I posted this already....
I do not know how to check continuity of a USB. The one end terminates in the receiver, on a small PCB and the other end, of course, is on the plug. Are the probes of a regular DMM small enough to test these things?
Thank You

The mouse is an extremely popular technology to interact with your computer. While the majority of mice are connected directly to the computers peripheral input via a cord and are powered by the computers main power, wireless mice are becoming extremely popular to give computer users cordless accessibility to their mice and to interact with their computer.

Thanks & Regards

Last edited:
Thought I posted this already....
I do not know how to check continuity of a USB. The one end terminates in the receiver, on a small PCB and the other end, of course, is on the plug. Are the probes of a regular DMM small enough to test these things?
Thank You

It's possible to test the cable with a DVM but it's not easy because you need to make contact with the pins inside the connector but not the shield outer part of the connector. It will be much easier if you had USB socket you can connect the USB cable to and connect your DVM probe to it.

A GE mouse? LOL GE has to have their name on everything! I bought a brand new Dynex wireless mouse very similar to that one for a mere $10. Look around you might be better off buying new considering they are cheap. And I doubt that GE is going to put their name on anything of high performance other than a locomotive or an electric motor.

A GE mouse? LOL GE has to have their name on everything! I bought a brand new Dynex wireless mouse very similar to that one for a mere $10. Look around you might be better off buying new considering they are cheap. And I doubt that GE is going to put their name on anything of high performance other than a locomotive or an electric motor.
Oh Man..!!! That made me laugh. No doubt it is time for a new Mouse. I was just wondering, for my own education, about how to check a USB. But computers and solid state electronics are not my forte, so I think I will let this die a natural death.
Hey HiTech, are you still there..? Have you watched some of those videos on Youtube regarding diesel/electric locomotives..? They are incredibly fascinating. I think they were pulled from Modern Marvels or something like that. But anyway, if you guys get a chance you should take a peek. It is really amazing how those things are put together, and what they are capable of doing.
Thank You

I live in the region where GE has a locomotive assembly plant. I've been there once and it's a huge place full of heavy duty cranes and what not. I've seen flatbed semi-trailers on the road transporting wheel trucks and front cab housings. There is so much heavy steel and castings that I'm amazed there's enough power in the end to move just the locomotice, let alone a mile-long train! The front nose section of most cargo trains is the bathroom!! Can you imaging soaring down the tracks at 60mph in a super-heavy vehicle on auto-pilot as you sit on the "throne" facing opposite to the direction of travel?!?! The modern locomotives employ wireless telemetry, controls and system monitoring within the cab itself to reduce wiring. It's a good thing that GE Industrial is a complete opposite of GE Consumer, 'cause their consumer line is crap, pure and simple. Ge should just stick to locomotives, electric motors and controls, aircraft engines, and power generation (turbines).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back