Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Wireless microphone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Davey C Sr

:eek:I have a Light speed 2000DX wireless mic system. I purchased it from a individual. He said it worked. Well I'm not getting any thing out of it. How Do I test it? I found one thing weird ! I can replace 9V battery in Transmitter and it will not turn on. Put old one in and it works, or rather powers and says on.
The old 9V is a Duracell.
Any Help???? I would Appreciate It... :eek::(
Davey C Sr

Last edited:
:eek:I have a Light speed 2000DX wireless mic system. I purchased it from a individual. He said it worked. Well I'm not getting any thing out of it. How Do I test it? I found one thing weird ! I can replace 9V battery in Transmitter and it will not turn on. Put old one in and it works, or rather powers and says on.
The old 9V is a Duracell.
Any Help???? I would Appreciate It... :eek::(
Davey C Sr
Can you please check the current drawn from the Duracell 9V battery? May be the 9V new battery you purchased is from expired batch and flat as on now. Otherwise you might be (excuse me, I may be wrong also) plugging in reverse and if the circuit has a reverse protection, it won't work.

i could get a photo of the item on ebay. but no details at all

Last edited:
I just checked old 9V battery it shows 5.3V. Bought two new Duracell's. They show 9.2V and will not work in unit? Old battery turns transmitter on. But new ones don't???Weird This is what I ran into yesterday. Old 9V shows.08 amps, new show 6.5 amps???? Bought two new duracell, both will not power up unit. I think my problem is in transmitter!
Any Body Else That can help? Not saying that "mvs sarma", has not or isn't trying!!!!!
Unit is protected against reverse polarity! I Checked.....
Thanks Again Please Help?????:eek::D:confused::confused:

Thanks David C Sr

Last edited:
I just checked old 9V battery it shows 5.3V. Bought two new Duracell's. They show 9.2V and will not work in unit? Old battery turns transmitter on. But new ones don't???Weird This is what I ran into yesterday. Old 9V shows.08 amps, new show 6.5 amps???? Bought two new duracell, both will not power up unit. I think my problem is in transmitter!
Any Body Else That can help? Not saying that "mvs sarma", has not or isn't trying!!!!!
Unit is protected against reverse polarity! I Checked.....
Thanks Again Please Help?????:eek::D:confused::confused:

Thanks David C Sr
OMG, 6.5 amps from the small Tx box, though the Rx is rack mounted version. such small 9V battery can never deliver 6.5 amps.

definitely some tantalum or other component might be short.
perhaps to now need to open up and start tracing. perhaps you need to check the front end by pass caps for short. and replace them, if needed.

I probably miss read will check amps again. I look at the setting on my ohm meter. I thought that was high!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back