Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Wireless Electric Detonator

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe he blew himself up? May he rest in pieces.

(View Photo)Here this will work and is pretty easy, u may have to add a capacitor right before the nichrome wire, may take a little experimenting but who dont like that... :)

Attachments

• Detanator.jpg
    Detanator.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 752
Last edited:
what if you were to buy one of those fart machines....the ones you stick behind someones chair and activate through a wireless remote... could you replace the speaker with some kind of igniter, so when the button is pressed, the electical current is sent to the igniter as opposed to the speaker...??

youd have to get all the mathsy stuff right i spose and im noob at that :(

It sounds to me as though you want one of us to completely design a circuit for you, based on some pre-existing piece of equipment, and then give you step-by-step instructions on how to build it, what to use to build it, and where to get all of the parts, all for 10 dollars. No offense, but you're crazy if thats what you're trying to do. Some of us on this board don't work for less than $100 an hour, and I'm sure there are those who make a lot more than that. What you need to do is hunt around local high schools that offer advanced electronics courses, and get one of their students to help you. Either that or find a college nearby that offers electronics, and do the same thing.

That said, the poster who mentioned using a PICAXE has a very good idea with which you could work.

Why are we helping a terrorist make a remote bomb?
Let him blow himself up like all the other terrorists. Hopefully only other terrorists will be near him.

yeah but i needed help too :(

i was just wondering if it were like...possible
- made some little sparkler rockets and yeah-

but i spose im happy lighting it myself anyways :p

Consider this. The typical igniter for a rocket is the wire type. This has a safety feature in that you must ignite the rocket and it is not susceptible to outside influence.
Anything wireless adds an amount of hazard, as it is triggered via radiowave. If your radio circuit is not carefully designed, it will be susceptible to outside radiowaves. Unless you have some real cleaver encryption and such, imagine setting up your rocket and it blows in your face due to false trigger when a nearby RC car is running by, or some such RF device. This is a hazard I would try to avoid.

Last edited:
what about putting a safty switch with armed light onto the doorbell wireless bomb showing that it is armed and ready to be detonated. please give diagram if possible thank you.

What about not making remote-controlled bombs?

Whe weirdos who like to blow themselves up do not use remote control.

Well put audioguru.

How many people must be killed or serious injured before simple fact become clear.
-firework and serious explosive are not same at all but incidentally can be triggered on same stupid way.
-most even not commercial explosives are under control (law regulation, with reason)
-rocket models and firework safe fire using e-match (look like army detonator but have no charge high explosive to detonate main explosive charge)
-army and other high grade explosives use high detonator (look like e-match)
-electric detonators are two main type, wire bridge and bridge less (second one is used in mine. anywhere if incidentally can be first one trigger by induction in conduits)
-electric detonators for high blast explosive charges have pyrotechnics delay (safety mechanism or you cannot use in one blast more than 1 detonator, detonation cut the wires)
-e-match is good idea for fireworks, rocket models but cannot detonate high
power explosive(e-match buy in store not risk life making own idea, unless you have good practice)
-electric detonator for high blast explosive, cannot safe fire rocket model(only if you want risk and open this electric detonator to remove second explosive charge, I was too stupid to do it this but not all people have luck, some stay without fingers, some was stay blind)
Any way all this not for people under age , and also with no good practice.
Second charge, forget high blast explosive, even propelling explosive (black powder) can serious injured and kill.
High power blast explosive people forget(any way this is Electronic forum, I was make this device but sorry according rules in this forum and my rules too I newer give advice how to make this device to nobody)

Firecrackers and rocket models. It is easy fire charge remote but most secure is using wire.
Wireless become too complex (if you want to avoid fire because someone use in neighborhood any kind radio) If even in use is high quality receiver, still you have problem , simple on off carrier not recommended. Only high encrypted wireless. But ring a bell? This become all but not easy task and sure not for 10$
Audioguru say"Whe weirdos who like to blow themselves up do not use remote control."
Maybe, but suicide bombers, who acting by religion believe, they do not know, bomb maker put 3 difference mechanism . Safety using timer after some time is possible to detonate suicide bomb, manually switch (suicide bomber know only for this one) and third is remote controls, if suicide bomber become "lack in their believe" and start think too much. In this case someone push button and detonate bomb, remotely.
That's all folks.
O yes if you need to prevent neighbor cats and others animal , easy small firecracker and small amount white pepper of coarse water proof , and work.
But use the wire :D

Last edited:
Consider this. The typical igniter for a rocket is the wire type. This has a safety feature in that you must ignite the rocket and it is not susceptible to outside influence.
Anything wireless adds an amount of hazard, as it is triggered via radiowave. If your radio circuit is not carefully designed, it will be susceptible to outside radiowaves. Unless you have some real cleaver encryption and such, imagine setting up your rocket and it blows in your face due to false trigger when a nearby RC car is running by, or some such RF device. This is a hazard I would try to avoid.
Igniter is e-match or squib (not same and not work same)
Wireless standard use AES256 encryption schema(Army remote controls for machine gun use this one, but if Army still not sure that encryption is perfect safe how door bell or RC toy can be safe? And Made in P.R.C. or Taiwan ??) and receivers still have safety timer delay. Rule is "how time you need to prepare and set your model rocket or firework, delay time must be twice" this receivers are multichannel ,
independent ignition , very expensive , (unlike RC toys) when is wire connected and receiver turn on, not possible accidentally trigger nothing until safety timer count down, if fire not possible, your rocket not ignition and e-match was triggered, this channel will be safety block, to make possible disconnected all e-match on "safe way" (I write "safe way" because nothing in pyrotechnic not a game all time is dangerous)
Of coarse you can use RC toys but must add additional safety measure, and all "simple" become to complex and expensive(must be , and any safety measure not too much when handle with fireworks, rocket models or any pyrotechnic materials).:D
Why are we helping a terrorist make a remote bomb?
Do not worry I not give instruction DIY terrorist :D
Only from electronic standpoint say what is possible and what impossible.
I think it is OK say when something not simple electronic and become even in entertainment possible hazard. Or even is Violate the Law.

I Found your perfect solution

I thought of something simple get a wireless doorbell find the positive and neg wired to the speaker take off the speaker replace it with steel wool thread it in and out make sure the steel is loose then when you hit the button. it will catch the steel wool on fire and ignite ur fireworks and 4 years younger then you and im trying to do the same thing

you might be wondering about the fire its fine beacuse its just looks like sparks slide a sqaure batery up and down steel wool it looks kool

u can also use one of those detecters that make a noise when you pass them it will turn on fireworks when they walk buy :) make sure to put in a switch so it wont go off with u loading the fireworks

I used cheap transmitter & receiver circuit boards from an RC toy car set that I bought at Radio Shack. It has four outputs, or cues, as they are known in the firework business. I also made my own electric igniter's from Christmas light bulbs.

I use it to safely ignite my fireworks at parties. It's really nice not to have to run away after lighting a firework with a lighter. And it lets the kids have a (safe) chance to light their own!

Here's a link to my project:

4 Ch Wireless Firework Igniter System

And how to make electric igniter's from Christmas light bulbs:

Electronic Igniters

Interesting how you tuned the tx/rx away from 49 MHz license-free bands to avoid interference from other license-free users.

How do you avoid interference from licensed users where you are operating?

My new radio controlled model airplane uses spread spectrum 2.4GHz. It searches for unused channels to avoid interference.
The receiver is bound to the transmitter with a unique 32 bit code and ignores any other transmitter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back