Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

wireless controlled car

Status
Not open for further replies.

anilson1

HI, I have very little knowledge of electronics.

I would like to build my first wireless controlled car. I wonder which is better, a FM or IR transmitter/Receiver circuit?

Another thing, I know that using IR is much simpler, for IR transmitter just have to create a square pulse to light the TX IR transmitter, what about the RX IR Receiver, I have no idea what kind of circuit to create, and how.

In fact my main objective is to make the car just do 3 things. go forward, backward and stop. will I need 3 different pairs of TX-RX circuits for that?
any idea???

If you gonna be seeing the car all the time, then just go for IR because it is indeed simpler. But if the car is expected to go underneath things where Line Of Sight is not there anymoe then u better go for FM.

IR receivers are available to buy from all distributors I guess, they are just like photo transistor that switches on/off in receiving IR beam.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back