Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Wired remote control from Logitech Z-3 speakers

Status
Not open for further replies.

memyx

Hi all,
we had a robbery here and
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**
stole wires from our speakers with wired remote control. Speakers unable to enable without this control. It seems unable to buy it. Maybe someone have an idea what to do in this situation. I don't good at electronics. Thanks.

your insurance should
I wouldn't be here then

Replacement? How is this possible? Where? I think you mistaken, they don't sell parts.

cr0sh
Yes, I think they wanted to return one more time but didn't have much time, or maybe they were hindered.

Last edited:
Yes, I think they wanted to return one more time but didn't have much time, or maybe they were hindered.

Well - that really sucks; most of us have "been there, done that", and to have someone break into your house is a real crappy thing to go thru; my sympathies.

I'm sorry I can't offer much in the way of "how to fix" your speakers - my first instinct, too, would be to seek a replacement (insurance or parts from Logitech). You seem to indicate that you didn't have insurance? Perhaps now is the time to consider it for the future. In the meantime, if you haven't contacted Logitech, do so by phone; you might be surprised by what you can accomplish via the phone vs an email. If you have done this (or do pursue it) and have gotten nowhere...

Ask yourself - is my time and effort attempting to fix this device worth it, or would it be cheaper to purchase something else new (or perhaps used)?

$80.00 isn't cheap for a pair of speakers and subwoofer, but if they meant a lot to you (or they sounded really good), and you have the time and experience - you might try recreating the control box and connections. I don't know how many pins are on that main connector at the back of the sub, but first count those (plus the shield as "ground"). Did the wires plug into the satellite speakers, or were they direct wired?

What parts of the system do you have left? If you have everything but the wires and the control box, then (in theory), you could probably come up with another controller - but its going to take some work. Something else - do you remember if the control knob was a "clicky" feeling thing that spun "forever" or an actual potentiometer knob? Also - a look inside the subwoofer at the amp might tell you some things about which pins on the main connector did what...

Ultimately, you might find it cheaper to purchase something else...

Nigel Goodwin, cr0sh, thanks for your kind advices, but we haven't Logitech service center here in banana republic of Latvia and ppl on forums writing that they just was told "sorry" thing when contacting L-tech so I just thought it would lead nowhere. But I will call them, if this really can help.
cr0sh thanks for fellow-feeling, but it was our workshop, not home, which doesn't make it easier. They (darned junkies) have stolen almost all tools, and we're now in complete silence.

Insurance is heavy for us now, and not only us, ppl got pensions cut by gvrnmt, and you say - insurance...
So I'll try to get wires and control from L-tech, we'll see if they really exist)

As you haven't botheed filling your location in, we obviously had no idea where you were - I've no idea what the support is like in Latvia, but I wouldn't imagine it's very great?.

Last time I sent in a faulty mouse to Logitech they just sent me a brand-new unit, in retail packaging. Its stll probibly cheaper than keeping a full compliment of all the parts for all their products. They probibly only spend 2 Bucks to have them made in the factory

i have this controll

Hi

I have this wired controll - that are attached to the speakers
You could buy it - rather expensive for sending to Latvia from Norway - i live in Trondheim, Norway

I have these - but no sub - so they are useless to me
u get them for 100 NOK plus cost of sending...

regards
jan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back