Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Wire Latch Relay to Ford Solenoid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moodster

I'm trying to wire a latch relay to a Ford Solenoid. I purchased the Cole Hersee 24200 Latching Solenoid and I wanted to wire it to my battery to turn on/off an auxiliary fuse block when the engine is running. After looking at the diagram, it seems like I should connect terminal 3 on my new solenoid to the battery + and terminal 2 to the “I” terminal on my Ford solenoid? As for the other connections does it matter what side I hook up my load to?

david

Terminal 3 goes to ground.
Terminal 1 goes to +12V
Terminal 4 goes to your fuse block
Terminal 2 is where you connect your momentary switch.

Cool solenoid. I could have used that in the past. I didn't know they made latching automotive solenoids.

Thanks Strantor, for terminal 2 could I hook it to the "S" terminal on my Ford solenoid? I'm having trouble figuring out what I could switch the latching solenoid with. I know the "S" terminal is triggered by the ignition switch to power the starter however once the latch solenoid is switched on how would I switch it off when the car is turned off?

Thanks Strantor, for terminal 2 could I hook it to the "S" terminal on my Ford solenoid? I'm having trouble figuring out what I could switch the latching solenoid with. I know the "S" terminal is triggered by the ignition switch to power the starter however once the latch solenoid is switched on how would I switch it off when the car is turned off?
you'd have to send it a pulse.
It's like an old radio button. Press once, on. Press again later, off. Press and hold, no difference.
Simplest solution would be to mount a pushbutton on your dash. You get in, push the button, start the car. Before you get out, you shut the car off, and push the button again.
If you want it to be more automatic, it's going to be a pain in the asp.
Do you want it to be more automatic?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back