Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Wire gauge for electromagnet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well thank you tvtech. I appreciate that and it does mean something to me.

WOW MrAl, that's just WAY too much info for me to process right now. I didn't have to wind anything. The coil I am using is the one with the larger wire diameter that was on the transformer when I took it out of the microwave. Thanks for the info though.

Thanks to everyone for your help.

Last edited:
Hi,

I have to second that request KISS, nice idea, i'd like to see it too.

Will do first thing in the morning. Not enough light to get a good pic with my phone right now.
I got the pics, but I have no way to put them on my computer. I thought my girlfriends laptop had bluetooth but it doesn't. As soon as I get a way to transfer the pic's I will post them. Sorry guys.

Last edited:
Hi,

Maybe she has a camera that can take pictures and transfer to the computer? You could use that instead.
Otherwise you'll have to use mental telepathy :)

I guess I should have mentioned that my phone has no service. I only use it as a personal phonebook. My friend should be here soon with an SD card.

You got me on that one, See what happens when you ASSuMe? I sort of thought maybe no web, but just a phonebook and ersatz camera - Wow!

It gets worse. I was just informed that my friend has been detained by local law enforcement for an old warrant. On the bright side, she may be cite released. I just don't know when. Will post the pic's as soon as I am able. Sorry guys.

It gets worse. I was just informed that my friend has been detained by local law enforcement for an old warrant. On the bright side, she may be cite released. I just don't know when. Will post the pic's as soon as I am able. Sorry guys.

Wow, that is really bad timing! :eek:

Hope the situation is resolved quickly and easily! Don't feel rushed to send us the pictures, and no need to be sorry for the delay. Just don't forget to send them at all ;)

Cheers,
Matt

Photo-0122.jpg

Photo-0119.jpg

Photo-0123.jpg

I had to go pick up the SD card from my friend. They did cite release her. Here are the pic's of both the big and small electromagnets. The big one is mounted in the 7" PVC pipe.

Last edited:
They look mighty meaty matey !

Hi,

Wow, strange turn of events.

Matt:
With regard to your "Dont feel rushed to send us the pictures" i was going to say, "No, no, dont listen to Matt, hurry up and get them here somehow" <chuckle> but lo and behold i see the pics got here after all :)

alec:
That must be what they call the three m's of electro magnets :)

BroncoDave:
I hope your friend is doing ok after all that. What did they get her for, conspiring to pull things out of a well ? :)

You never know MrAl. This is San Bernardino County so that's totally possible. They have found uranium in a couple wells out here. Actually it was just an old warrant for not completing a drunk driving class.

You never know MrAl. This is San Bernardino County so that's totally possible. They have found uranium in a couple wells out here. Actually it was just an old warrant for not completing a drunk driving class.

LOL!!!!!! Glad she made it safetly to you so you could show us the pictures :D:D

All the best to you and your friend :)

Regards,
tvtech

Last edited:
Photo-0120.jpg
Photo-0124.jpg
Photo-0121.jpg
Photo-0118.jpg

Thanks guys. In the next week or two I will be pulling the pump out of my well and retrieving the weight and permanent magnet and start removing rusty metal flakes with my new mega-magnet. Thanks again for all your help getting this mega-magnet working to it's full potential. I know it will work way better than the permanent magnet I was using. The cool part is that I only have to switch the power off to it to clean the metal off rather than removing the metal flakes by hand. That got real messy and turned my hands black with gunk that did NOT want to come off no matter how hard I scrubbed with Dawn dish soap.

Hi,

I hope this isnt a drinking water well anymore :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back