Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Wire 3 position 6 prong switch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unforgiven143

How would I wire this switch? 3 positions 6 prong. From the charging socket, battery, switch and out to power thing? I will include a picture.

Attachments

• 20170615_131336.jpg
    20170615_131336.jpg
    745.3 KB · Views: 205
I have what is probably the same switch. 3-position. "on", "off", "on"
In the middle "off" position all of the pins are not connected.

upload_2017-6-17_15-16-50.png

Ditto what Ron said, adding for a rocker or toggle switch, the center contacts will usually be connected to the contacts opposite the switch handle, i.e., if the handle is up, the bottom contacts will be connected.

for a rocker or toggle switch, the center contacts will usually be connected to the contacts opposite the switch handle, i.e., if the handle is up, the bottom contacts will be connected.
I agree with that IF the switch is one of the smaller miniature toggle switches.

However, for the larger type as shown in the picture from U143, the opposite is usually true,
ie when the toggle is in the UP position, the centre contact connects to the upper contact,
and when the toggle is in the DOWN position, the centre contact connects to the lower contact.

JimB

Better check with an ohmmeter, because that's opposite my experience.

Thanks everyone! I really appreciate the knowledge information. You have opened my eyes to how thus works.
How would I include a battery and a socket for charging the battery?
I am making an ammo can boom box.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back