Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Window Partially Minimizes (Tearing?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

adaminc

Ok, i'm having this weird problem. When I minimize my windows, a section of it stays on the screen, and it seems to be active. I can't do anything with that part of the screen, but say I did an alt+tab, it would take a screenshot of that section only. I have taken a full screenshot to show what is happening.

Anyone else have a problem like this and know how to fix it? My video drivers are up to date, its just a Nvidia 6100 onboard GPU. (WinXP Pro x64).

I think the problem is called Tearing, but i'm not totally sure.

**broken link removed**

THat only happens to me if my computer is really REALLY busy doing someting else. My guess would be you are running out of video memory somewhere. Onboard GPU you say? DOes it use share memory?

Yes it does used shared memory, however I have 2gb, and with just 1 window open like firefox, without any tabs will cause it. It seems to have stopped for now though.

You could have had something running in the background.
Next time it happens, do control + alt + del and see what processes are taking the most CPU power. Try closing those and see if it disappears.

-Omar

It looks like you have many many things in the tray. Some are really ugly, like "Steam". You really should get rid of everything that really doesn't need to run in the tray when you aren't using it. Also when you do the ctrl+alt+del what does the "CPU Usage" at the bottom of the window say?

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back