Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

wifi reception

Status
Not open for further replies.
what can i screw into my android phone to make its wifi reception a lot better?

I found putting the wifi box high up on a shelf helps.

What about the truth of 'tin can antenna' found around internet?

What about the truth of 'tin can antenna' found around internet?
The problem with directional antennas is that it MUST be pointing at the cell phone tower. It is hard to walk/drive/talk while holding the antenna exactly at the tower.
Do you know where your tower is?

The problem with directional antennas is that it MUST be pointing at the cell phone tower. It is hard to walk/drive/talk while holding the antenna exactly at the tower.
Do you know where your tower is?

He is asking about wifi, not data. It would need to be pointed at his Wifi router.

I have a "wired" network in the house from years ago.
In the south most room I have a wireless router that reaches the "slave quarters" where my daughter lives. (Next house south.)
In the north most room there is another wireless router, on a different channel different name, that reaches to the barn and beyond.

Before I used "bridge mode" to reach out and connect the south network and the north network.
Now I am using "extender mode" to rebroadcast on the same channel and name.
>My house and the south house are covered by channel 1
>My house and the barn are covered by channel 6.
The phone does not know if it is connected to the "barn" or the "N-house router". Same channel and name.
Then I use a directional antenna to reach 1000 feet to the green house.
And I use a third channel and a very directional antenna to reach five miles to town to get on the internet.

What I am trying to say is that you can have many wireless routers in one house.

i tried putting a thin copper wire through the round antenna in the back of my phone and connected it to a long metal bar and the reception somehow became stronger.someone explain me this phenomenon.

i tried putting a thin copper wire through the round antenna in the back of my phone
What round antenna? Can you post a picture?

Depending on what you actually did you may have coupled a larger gain antenna to your phone.

Try looking up "antenna gain"

Sounds to me like you have a really old cell phone (with an external antenna). They don't make them like that anymore.....

Sounds to me like you have a really old cell phone (with an external antenna). They don't make them like that anymore.....
Maybe they are new on the planet Eradanus II where he is from according to his location. I only found out he is not from earth after clicking his location. lol

vintage-cell-mobile-phone-28704519.jpg

it's Eridanus II,and the location is just given for fun im an earthling.LOL and my phone model GT-B5512(samsung galaxy y pro duos).

it's Eridanus II,and the location is just given for fun im an earthling.LOL and my phone model GT-B5512(samsung galaxy y pro duos).

So where did you attach the wire you mentioned in post #12? I don't see an external antenna....?

Unroot-Galaxy-Y-Pro-Duos-B5512.jpg

I put wire less routers inside a parabolic dish and get miles. So you don't really don't have to make a connection.
Just adding random pieces of metal might help or hurt.

He can also place his phone inside the (metal, ungrounded) parabolic dish and get a directional signal boost. Much like the sound amplifiers used for remote monitoring.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back