Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Why the Dutch should rule the World

Status
Not open for further replies.

tvtech

Most Helpful Member
They have been both fighting and loving the Sea since the 16th Century. They are a nation that just gets on with what is needed in order for them to survive. I stumbled across the video link below and I'm blown away. Politics there are never in the news They have no time for that crap. The Sea is the one they watch.

They have been both fighting and loving the Sea since the 16th Century. They are a nation that just gets on with what is needed in order for them to survive. I stumbled across the video link below and I'm blown away. Politics there are never in the news They have no time for that crap. The Sea is the one they watch.

Bit annoying video that calls it 'Holland', when it's actually 'The Netherlands' :D

My daughter lives there, is married to a Dutchman (actually Indonesian Dutch), and is waiting for her Dutch citizenship (mostly due to Brexit) - it takes so many years after you get married before you get citizenship.

It seems like a nice place, and has a high standard of living - but some 'unusual' characteristics :D

For example, they seem very fond of fire, and light bonfires whenever possible - and are INCREDIBLY dangerous with fireworks, even setting them off inside buses :nailbiting:

And of course, where you live, the language is essentially Dutch, thanks to their war mongering and invasions of the past, rather like the UK :D

The Engineering skills that they have are awesome when it comes to the Sea

I mean, you never read about that stuff. They have already planned ahead for the inevitable in many years time...they are going to give back land to the Sea. I have much time for people that are able to do that. Amazing video I think

Nigel lol....if I lived there I would also build bonfires and let off crackers... nothing can really catch alight....

Plus it's nice warming up around a bonfire to dry out

I read an article, not so long back, about the British building houses on flood plains.. Problem after problem.. The Dutch have been doing it for years.. They just build on rafts, not just the houses.. The roads to and from and all the ancillaries that go with.... I have the greatest respect for the Dutch, I have quite a good relationship with many companies over there... As I have lived in South Africa for quite some time, I often try to speak Dutch over the phone ( Afrikaans and Dutch are too different and I get into trouble straight away). But really fun loving genuinely nice people...

I often try to speak Dutch over the phone ( Afrikaans and Dutch are too different and I get into trouble straight away). But really fun loving genuinely nice people...

My daughter seems to speak Dutch quite well now, it's quite funny seeing her and husband together, they seem to switch between Dutch and English without noticing :D

Well, I don't think anybody should "rule the world", including the Dutch. Also not the Swiss :):):)

The Dutch just get on with life. Everyone living there knows the Sea is both their Friend and Foe. Nothing is taken for granted. As a Nation they have no time for Polical crap. And if I recall correctly... their President rode a bicycle not so long ago. No security detail and convoys of cars needed
Cause he is one of the people. They are all in it together. To keep the water in control and therefore their continued existence possible.

A rich nation that never brags. They work hard at it. Their priorities are sorted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back