Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Why Power supply Amp Hours?

Status
Not open for further replies.

abozidd

Hi guys,
I have a 26 Amp/Hour power supply, 3.8 Amp.
My question is, Due to my knowledge in the Electrical Equipment, that the Amp/Hour is for the batteries only which is mean how long battery lasts.
But the power supply generate a Continuous Voltage forever So, why my power supply is 26 Amp/Hour ?

Thanks.

the Amp/Hour is for the batteries only which is mean how long battery lasts.
Correct.

why my power supply is 26 Amp/Hour ?
I don't know.
Stupidity/confusion/ignorance on the part of the manufacturer/supplier?

Do you have a picture or some information that you can show us about the power supply?

JimB

Correct.

I don't know.

Do you have a picture or some information that you can show us about the power supply?

JimB

Yes i have

Attachments

• PS.jpg
    PS.jpg
    104.5 KB · Views: 122
hi,
The specification you posted says: Power supply/Charger.
Does the unit have an inbuilt battery, I have seen similar units for camping/caravanning that have an internal battery.

R

The 26 Ah refers to the maximum size battery it is designed to charge:

upload_2017-7-20_7-52-21.png

EDIT:
It is apparently designed to charge at C/20. That is, a battery capacity of 26 Ah/20 = 1.3 A, which is maximum rated continuous current it can supply.

Last edited:
This is not a power supply as would normally be understood in the context of a discussion about electronics.

It is a power supply which works in conjunction with a built in, or, external battery pack.

In which case, what I said earlier:
was unfair on the supplier/manufacturer.

With this new information supplied by the OP, manufacturer/suppliers description seems to be quite correct.

JimB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back