Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

why only transistors in preamp

Status
Not open for further replies.

asimkumar

i have seen most of the rotating laser receivers(used for grading or leveling) use transistors in preamp section. why do they choose transistors instead of opamp. i don't think they bother about cost and input bias current is not important because there are some op amps with pico amp bias current,so why they use transistors.

i cant upload a circuit, a rotating laser plane(horizontal) detected by a vertical array of photo diodes, signal from the diodes is amplified and detected by a microprocessor, photo diodes usually in reverse bias for high sensitivity, these receivers work with range of 1000 meter with only 3milli watt red laser beam.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back