Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Why cant I delete a value in eagle?

Status
Not open for further replies.

alphaai

Hello,

ive just copied a schematic, now in board layout and am trying to remove
the values that eagle draws on the board by default.

One of the two select components that I wish to delete the value from worked fine but the second one came up with error saying. This is what I did:

I typed in sma to smash the components and then typed in dele
to delete the values so I understand how to delete value names.

This is the error I got:

"Can't backannotate this operation. Please do this in the schematic"

Why does that come up? According to the training video, it showed that I could delete it in the board layout.

Thanks,

Ben

Last edited:
the values are adopted from schematic as made procedurally.
if you have the schematic developed for the same , please change the concerned values there. later they would be copied into layout automatically.
the message is to this effect.

Sorry I didn't understand that.

Are you saying that I have to go back into the schematic editor and double check the name and values for the selected components that I have delete the values from?

i mean, the values that you are attempting to change in artwork layout, have to be done from schematic file and the changes, so made, would be adopted by layout file when you save the sch file.

it is better if you could upload the sch and pcb files and specifiy what changes you need, so that a clear reply could be obtained faster.

Last edited:
Hello,

Ive just uploaded three files. The schematic, a snapshot of my current problem
and the board file which you would need to rename to .brd

The problem in the snapshot is related to my latest post. Maybe you may know the answer to this one.

Also I dont know how but I managed to actually fix the problem that I was having
but I dont know how I did it. Something about me putting making two components overlapping each other, cycling through the component that I wanted then delete the name. It worked.

Cheers,

Ben

Attachments

• Adaptle.sch
    46.6 KB · Views: 299
  • Adaptle.txt
    6.5 KB · Views: 290
  • snapshot.jpg
    snapshot.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 473
Status
Not open for further replies.